Organic Chemistry as a second language, should I get both 1st and 2nd semester??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubwestpua

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For DAT, should I??

Members don't see this ad.

I used both as references, for class and the DAT. I found the first book to be more useful than the second for the DAT, as it was more involved in the foundation. The DAT, at least when I took it, seemed more focused on concepts, and foundational stuff, rather than seeing how many advanced mechanisms/rxns you knew.

These are good books, but they must be used as supplements to help you understand the textbook, not instead of the textbook. Great tool to review some fundamental concepts.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I recommend both highly for the class and the DAT. I would not spend too much time working out every problem in the 2nd book for the DAT, just use it for your weak areas. I think anything that is in those books is fair game for the real test. I found them right up there with Chad's Videos and DAT Destroyer as far as helpfulness.