Organic Chemistry Books recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alex Hugh

Reaction score
I am confused which organic chemistry books should I buy to learn the basics. I have read review of different books on following resources but cannot decide one. Can anybody recommend me an appropriate book?
1. Quora
2. TenDotReview

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am confused which organic chemistry books should I buy to learn the basics. I have read review of different books on following resources but cannot decide one. Can anybody recommend me an appropriate book?
1. Quora
2. TenDotReview

For the organic chemistry courses I teach, I use Karty's "Organic Chemistry, Principles and Mechanisms, second edition" with the associated Smartwork5 online program that allows students to get immediate feedback and advice. I chose this book because it is focused on understanding and not rote memorization (as some other texts do).

Organic chemistry is a subject learned by doing questions more than reading material. The most important thing you can do to truly learn organic chemistry is to do an endless mountain of questions where little things are switched up from question to question. Build your knowledge up through a pyramid of applications.