Organic Chemistry Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

losangelesrep

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw this http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=533525
, but was wondering if there was anything similar for Pre-MD or Pre-DO forums. I got a B in OCHM I and I'm almost about to finish up OCHM II. Theoretically let's say I got a B+ in OCHM II, what range of schools am I looking at. Will I even be a competitive applicant with B's in OCHEM? I know it has to do with overall GPA, but was wondering if B's in OCHEM are competitive at all

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

, but was wondering if there was anything similar for Pre-MD or Pre-DO forums. I got a B in OCHM I and I'm almost about to finish up OCHM II. Theoretically let's say I got a B+ in OCHM II, what range of schools am I looking at. Will I even be a competitive applicant with B's in OCHEM? I know it has to do with overall GPA, but was wondering if B's in OCHEM are competitive at all

Thanks!

./facepalm.

Thanks!

Eh, from my experience you might have to consider Caribbean at this point. Med schools place utmost importance upon ochem grades. If I were you, I'd look into Ross or SGU.

Members don't see this ad :)
Eh, from my experience you might have to consider Caribbean at this point. Med schools place utmost importance upon ochem grades. If I were you, I'd look into Ross or SGU.

Are you serious!? With 2 B's he won't be competitive in the Caribbean.

World needs plenty of bartenders!

./facepalm.
care to explain why? I searched some before i posted

mmk. Well I still have a lot more school left before even applying maybe 2-3 yrs. Maybe retaking it won't be such a bad idea to show that I can get A's.

Are you serious!? With 2 B's he won't be competitive in the Caribbean.
explain.

World needs plenty of bartenders!
that's true.

*edit: just for clarification I haven't been roaming on these forums long enough (19 posts) to understand sarcasm or know that certain users' comments must be taken with a grain (or in some cases a ton) of salt. Please be nice! I'm still getting settled in! Thanks!

Last edited:
since you're a fellow paintballer I'll enlighten you.

They don't really care about specific grades, as long as you demonstrate good academic habits (at LEAST 3.5 gpa) and don't really have a lot of C's. Unless you get a C, they aren't going to look at a specific class and ask you what went wrong there.

Lol, alright alright. In all honesty, don't sweat it. Medschool is more than just numbers, do your EC's and don't mess up too much during your next few years.

since you're a fellow paintballer I'll enlighten you.

They don't really care about specific grades, as long as you demonstrate good academic habits (at LEAST 3.5 gpa) and don't really have a lot of C's. Unless you get a C, they aren't going to look at a specific class and ask you what went wrong there.

Thanks a bunch man. Haha i feel like i would like to talk about paintball and its effect on me eventually in an interview, but i have a feeling they wouldn't understand. I guess you have to experience it. I hate how everyone in the world thinks its just tippmans in the woods :(
that's me by the way looking pretty in the pic. I'm dreading the day that I have to quit b/c of med school when I get in

Lol, alright alright. In all honesty, don't sweat it. Medschool is more than just numbers, do your EC's and don't mess up too much during your next few years.

Haha ok--I had a feeling . I'm used to online forums :D. Way ahead in the EC game, just not so much in school but working on it.

This is sorta unrelated and related at the same time.
I took a professional ADD test and there was a question that said, "Have you been told throughout your life that you haven't been living up to your potential?". I was like YESSSSS. I remember my elementary school teachers, my high school teachers, and even a couple professors have said that. lol i think i need meds but my mom just wants me to cope with it. It's like I show random spurts of A++ material, but in general its tough for me. idk. I've always just wanted to try ritalin or adderall and see its effects.
/random rant