Organic Chemistry II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdelucia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I want to take Organic Chemistry II this summer to lighten my load for next fall (I'd be taken 3 sciences, two of which would have labs plus I'll be studying for the MCAT). I go to school far away from home and usually work during the summers to help pay for school so I want to take the class at a local university. Obviously taking the class at a community college is a big no no but will medical schools question why I took it at another university? Also, does it matter which school I take it at as long as its no a CC? (For example, would an Ivy look better than a school who's acceptance gpa is about 3.4) I'd appreciate any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Stop with the "MCAT's" IT's MCAT!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I want to take Organic Chemistry II this summer to lighten my load for next fall (I'd be taken 3 sciences, two of which would have labs plus I'll be studying for the MCATs). I go to school far away from home and usually work during the summers to help pay for school so I want to take the class at a local university. Obviously taking the class at a community college is a big no no but will medical schools question why I took it at another university? Also, does it matter which school I take it at as long as its no a CC? (For example, would an Ivy look better than a school who's acceptance gpa is about 3.4) I'd appreciate any help!

Now you're just being silly.

Reactions: 1 user
Now you're just being silly.
So is it okay to take it there? I was told this by an advisor. She said it would look as if I was trying to take the "easy way out". I would prefer to take it at a CC since its way cheaper.

So is it okay to take it there? I was told this by an advisor. She said it would look as if I was trying to take the "easy way out". I would prefer to take it at a CC since its way cheaper.
A class or two at a CC isn't going to look bad. What looks bad is students who take many/all prereqs are CCs or lesser schools. THAT looks like the easy way out.