Organic Chemistry Mid-term Advice - Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilalabalil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I'm a junior in the school of management at the University of Buffalo, pursuing a minor in Biology. I'm taking the DAT in May, and applying to dental school for the "entering" class of 2011.

I have my last mid-term in Orgo this Monday, and its final, 2 weeks after that. No matter how much I read the book, the exams always seem to be completely different. And I never know what problems to do, considering the huge number of them in the book. There are only 5 problems on each exam, each worth 30 points! No partial credit!

Any advice on how to study for this mid-term?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Your exams sound absolutely ridiculous and Im questioning how you learn anything from taking an exam that has 5 problems on it! Sounds like your professor is lazyyyyyyy!

If I were you and if I had time, I would try to do most of the problems in each chapter. Organic chemistry I think is best learned by doing many problems b/c then you start getting the hang of it and how the questions should be answered. If you don't have much time, I would still suggest you do as many questions as you can. Only then you will know how to tackle the questions on the test.

Thanks...I wont have time to do all of them but I've started doing the problems : ) It's the chapters on Alkenes and Alkynes and their reactions.