Organic Chemistry on DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sailinx

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rather than posting this on DAT discussion board, I wanted to get the opinion of people who have already taken DAT. I have done O.Chem-I at my school and I have an "A" on it. I am planning to take DAT this summer and won't take O.Chem-II until Fall. Although, I have studied O.Chem-II material myself but I have also heard that most of the DAT is from O.Chem-I. How true is that ? Can someone please tell me what percentages are we talking about between O.Chem-I and O.Chem-II on DAT (Assuming, I covered upto Aromatics in O.Chem-I). I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sailinx

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know what ochem I & II cover at your school, but, if you study & know all the ochem in the kaplan dat book, you will do fine. i took 2 out of 3 quarters of ochem & missed 1 question on the dat last july.

I think it will very some, cause I had taken O chem I and II and was so glad I did. All but one or two of my questions were from II. However, most of my friends said it was the other way around for them.

dont worry about it, the ochem section is pretty easy compared to the rest. just study the kaplan book like they said and you do well.