Organic Chemistry question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinkZinfandel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are Chad's videos sufficient for Orgo? I took it years ago but Chad's videos have been super helpful! Should I get Organic Chemistry as a second language for first and second semester books to supplement Chad's videos?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Odyssey is overkill for Orgo. Just stick to Chad's videos and Destroyer's answer explanations. Understand the roadmaps and you should be good to go.

Also, OChem as a second language is really good if you want to understand why you use certain solvents/nucleophiles, how to do resonance (their resonance chapter is amazing) and how to predict the products. I used it, did all the problems once and never looked back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Get the Destroyer, Second language and Odyssey. Second language will give you the basics that you need to understand Destroyer and Odyssey. However, you must know road maps and reactions/reagents in Destroyer and Odyssey to do well on the DAT. Good luck.

I graduated from college 6 years ago so those organic chemistry classes were even more distant memories. When I began my DAT OC journey, I tries to watch and understand Chad's videos but Chad put all things in a way that required you having a basic OC knowledge. Then I searched SDN for solution and found Organic Chemistry as a Second Language. After briefly read the books, everything was clear when I again watch Chad's videos. I also did destroyer which was more difficult than real DAT but definitely worthing doing. For those struggling with OC, I highly recommend Second Language because I myself was able to score 28 from zero background knowledge of OC.

Reactions: 1 user
Chad will give you the Basics, but to increase your score and get more experince, get Destroyer and CrackDAT.