Organic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalGirl5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just took a DATGenius ochem exam, and I noticed a high prevalence of "which of these has the highest [insert some sort of property, like BP, acidity, etc.]" and a lot of the answer options were written-out as in "n-butylamine", for instance. Is the real DAT similar? Or will most of the questions have answer options that are drawn out in skeletal or bond-line form? I'm wondering since it takes a little bit longer than normal to draw these out if one chooses to compare that way. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!
I just took a DATGenius ochem exam, and I noticed a high prevalence of "which of these has the highest [insert some sort of property, like BP, acidity, etc.]" and a lot of the answer options were written-out as in "n-butylamine", for instance. Is the real DAT similar? Or will most of the questions have answer options that are drawn out in skeletal or bond-line form? I'm wondering since it takes a little bit longer than normal to draw these out if one chooses to compare that way. Thank you!

The answer choices were drawn out for me on the DAT that I took.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not banking on that, I was more so just wondering if most of them are written out since it takes up a bit of time haha

Hi guys!

Both of these are seen on the DAT, you should be able to do both cases as shown in the Destroyer. Working in bond line notation is very dangerous because it is very easy to miss a line and throw off an entire answer. Although faster, you have to be more careful when using bond notation.

Hope this helps!

Keep up the great work DentalGirl..

Reactions: 1 user