Organizing a second look for case ppl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoulRFlare

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey judd, exmike, kashue and other assorted case folks...
someone mentioned the idea of organizing a second look weekend since case doesn't offer an official one. what do you guys think? we could even suck in case acceptees from our schools--ppl who haven't yet seen the light of SDN...
I'm personally very interested in seeing the school again, since it's looking more and more likely that i'll be there next year (no word from pitt interviewers, so i'm assuming the worst...:( ) funny...my sister is interviewing at the dental school in april, and i've "offered" to go with her just so i could buy a window sticker :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
hey judd, exmike, kashue and other assorted case folks...
someone mentioned the idea of organizing a second look weekend since case doesn't offer an official one. what do you guys think? we could even suck in case acceptees from our schools--ppl who haven't yet seen the light of SDN...
I'm personally very interested in seeing the school again, since it's looking more and more likely that i'll be there next year (no word from pitt interviewers, so i'm assuming the worst...:( ) funny...my sister is interviewing at the dental school in april, and i've "offered" to go with her just so i could buy a window sticker :thumbup:

i think i'm in exactly the same boat as you- i've been accepted to case and it's pretty much between case and pitt right now, whom i haven't heard from (though i just interviewed there a couple weeks ago).

i'd definitely be up for seeing the school again, and i want to go to cleveland and look at apartments sometime before may as well.

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Same. Planning on heading out there... Just don't know when.

... and the CASE umbrella, and the little animal thingy with magnets, and a mug... Weird thing is that Case is the only place I picked all that stuff up during the interview (it was raining), and Case was my 1 accept thus far.. go fig.

hehe...I've been collecting window stickers from all the schools I have visited, and case was the one school where i didn't get one (they hadn't gotten the ones with the new logos yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
I here all the time. Whenever the rest of you decide what the best day would be, drop me a line. I've lived here on and off since 1993 (mostly on) and know the area well. Plus, we just got a new minivan, so I don't mind schlepping my new classmates all over town for the tours.

I'll show you the good, the bad and the ugly.

Anyway, this is WAY off topic, but I thought I say a word or two for those who are waiting for, considering Pitt.

I know how you feel. BUT, I've decided to cancel my Pitt Interview. my wife and I drove through that area last weekend on the way to DC for my sister's wedding. It looked like a HUGELY fun area to live, but also a bit of a hassle for a married non-trad like me with two kids to sell our old house, find a new one, etc. etc. It would have been much like law school again - which was tons of fun, but we had decided we hadn't lived long enough as adults to think about capturing our youth again. I have to say, if I were single (or married with no kids and was no already committed with a house in a great community) I would seriously have considered Pitt. I enjoyed the visit. No matter where you go (Case or Pitt) have to regrets. They are both great schools which will set up up for whatever you want as long as you work hard.

Anyway, for those who care about ranking (MOST of us do - I do, I'm sure you do too) I considered the issue and decided that my BIG draw for Pitt over Case was the fact that it was ranked 18 and Case was only ranked 24. Case was my first choice. After I got the interview at Pitt, I decided I wanted to go to it because (for no other reason than) it was ranked higher. And then sanity beat me over the head. Although 18 is 6 places higher than 24, it's really only TWO spots between Pitt and Case because there are LOTS of schools tied for 21 and 19, with nothing in between. Case would be tied with Pitt even if it only moved up three spots, not six. Secondly, I happen to think that Case WILL move a spot or two in the next year (or maybe the year after that depending when the CCLCM program gets counted in the stats - that might not be until NEXT year, NOT this coming year). Thirdly, Case can now do all of thier rotations through CCF. THAT is a big advantage that I think Pitt cannot match even IF its ranked 3 spots higher.

Anyway, just some rationalizing. Hope it helps those in need of it.

Judd

Ideally we should go on a day when there is class so we can see the goings on during a typical school day correct? (not that I can think of a day until may that I'm free on a weekday)

Originally posted by Mr Reddly

So, can someone give me the 411 or point me to a doc on the next that will say "the Clev Clin is the bomb because of x,y,and z."

Thanks.

Check this out

Also this

When I was there, the urology resident who was taking us around mentioned that Dick Cheney had been there the week before for a check-up...

Originally posted by SoulRFlare
Check this out

Also this

When I was there, the urology resident who was taking us around mentioned that Dick Cheney had been there the week before for a check-up...

as a side note, were you aware that case is hosting the 2004 Vice Presidential Debate?

The "deal" with the cleveland clinic is that every year it is considered the fourth or fifth best hospital in the US (which means basically the world) and that for many years running it has been considered the very best in cariology (pediatric and adult)and number two in urology. It ranks in something like 17 specialties.

It recieves patients from all over the world (sultans, shieks, prime ministers, etc). If you have a problem with your ticker or your peeper, you should come to cleveland - simple as that.

I was aware that Case is hosting the 2004 VP debate. Looking forward to it.

Judd

seriously, we ought to get this second look thing going.

maybe we should list what dates are available for everybody and then choose the one that works best.

All my dates are open (househusband with flexible schedule).

Maybe during spring break.

Judd

Originally posted by juddson

and you want to give that up for medschool?? :confused:

:D

Originally posted by juddson
seriously, we ought to get this second look thing going.

maybe we should list what dates are available for everybody and then choose the one that works best.

Maybe during spring break.

Judd

mine is week after next, though I'm done by next thursday...keep in mind that after my finals I'm going straight to the store to buy halo 2...so i won't be available for the next several days after