Orgo 2 vs Biochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xDNA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which should I take to complete my prerequisite?

Members don't see this ad.

Both, many schools require both.

Members don't see this ad :)
a good chunk of schools don't even let you take biochem until you take Ochem 2, at least in my school. I don't see why you shouldn't take both but Biochem seems to be the favorite

Yeah, I'm strongly considering just taking both to cover my bases. Whats one more class?
I do agree though @Kiyra. I've noticed more schools requiring both, at least it feels that way.

@la flame Where I'm taking classes you just need to have completed your English requirement and Gen Chem 2, after that you can take Biochem or Ochem1 > Ochem2

I'll take Biochem for this upcoming summer semester since I have not taken MCAT yet and its unforeseen when MCAT registration will reopen, maybe I can squeeze in biochem prior to my exam. I've heard biochem is very useful for MCAT.

Biochem is the single most consequential class for the mcat.

Reactions: 1 users
If you can't take both I would definitely take Biochem. Some schools are giving the option of replacing a semester of Organic with a semester of Biochemistry, so that is also an option if you simply can't find the time to take both.