Orgo and Physics at USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trojan50

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and I am looking for anyone who has any insight on O-Chem or Physics (trig) at the University of Southern California!

I have heard some pretty terrifying stories from both classes, and with a mediocre GPA after my first year of Bio and Chem, I cannot afford to keep getting B's!

Thanks a lot for all of your help

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this real late last night so I'm gona bump it!

thanks for anyones input

You have heard terrifying stories because pre-meds bitch about everything. I can't imagine that these subjects are any different at USC than they are at any other major university. You have no choice to take the classes, so do your research on the different professors who teach them, pick the ones that you think you'd like best, and go work hard.

There are no classes where they just hand out low grades for the hell of it. Some profs will be harder than others, which just means that you'll have to work harder to do well in them, which means you'll understand the subjects better when its time to take the MCAT.

Some professors are ****ty. You will never escape ****ty professors, no matter where you go. You have to figure out what it takes to do well in their classes too.

Speaking of teachers at USC... remember when Vince Young taught a class in Football to the Trojans?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8zZRBTOcnY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a '08 graduate from USC. Orgo and Physics aren't that bad at USC. However, beware of the Orgo lab director, he's difficult and can be sexist at times. I will not comment any further, since everyone's experience will be different. Study efficiently and you'll do well. Good luck. Go trojans!

LOL usc should be really easy.......(go bruins!!)

j/k i have friends at USC and they say it isn't THAT bad if you actually do the work. It's the same at any school; study hard, and you get what you deserve. ALso, it's dependent on the professor. ask around on who is the easiest, and take it that semester with that person