• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Orgo for OT?

gialuan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
  1. Occupational Therapist
    I was originally doing pre-med and just recently decided to switch to OT. That being said, I wasn't aware of the different general pre-reqs between the two fields. I've been looking at several OT schools and so far I haven't found any that requires organic chem. I'm almost done with the first semester of pre-med level orgo (rather than the nursing-level orgo at my school) and I'd like to know if I need to take orgo at all.

fallbackplan

10+ Year Member
    Jun 26, 2008
    1. Rehab Sci Student
      It is probably not likely that you will find an OT school in the US that O-Chem is required. I would say don't take it unless you like it (but who in their right mind like organic chemistry anyway?).

About the Ads

fallbackplan

10+ Year Member
      Jun 26, 2008
      1. Rehab Sci Student
        I don't think it would make a difference. However, keep in mind that I only know PT prereqs extremely well, and not OT. Just because you are taking it without needing it does not mean you cannot use it to fulfill some science prereq. Besides, the things you learn in that class may come in handy for physiology and pharmacology--you never know.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.