Orgo over the summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SilverBandCry!

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My cousin would like to know about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know any colleges that offer Orgo over the summer? Or recommend any colleges in particular? I'd prefer it to be near NYC or Boston, but I am open to anywhere.

Thanks!

use the internet. NYU BU TUFTS HARVARD AND PROBABLY COLUMBIA. google it.

use the internet. NYU BU TUFTS HARVARD AND PROBABLY COLUMBIA. google it.

Take it at a crappier school than those... it will be easier and you will get a better grade!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
this is probably not what you want to hear- but my advice would be to stick it out and take it at own school, especially for smth like organic. 'They' know that the summer classes taken elsewhere MAY Be because you'd like to have an easier time with the subject, or that the class during the acad yr is too hard b/c of a "bad" professor, or some other reason. I am not saying it's your reason for taking a summer orgo, but it's often the case for pple. Some just want to take it at a diff school to get an easier A there. You don't want to be asked at an interview " soo... you're at a school of x.. but orgo was taken at school y-- how come" I am by no means saying that you're running from a challenge of orgo, or that it will be easier over the summer, but you don't want to be stereotyped by 'them'.

feel free to disagree, this is just my 2c.

Johns Hopkins.

Penn State had tons of summer classes, including orgo, and housing is easy since some student go home for the summer you can sublet cheap.

I went to Wash U for undergrad and took both Orgo classes during the summer at Univ of Alabama. i had a bunch of reasons to present if I was asked about it (cheaper, closer to home, etc.) but it never came up in over 20 interviews. It didn't seem to hurt my chances as I got into 10 schools.

Bump thanks everyone. If anyone has any further suggestions/advice, I'd really appreciate it