1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Orgo Topics on the MCAT:

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by bluesTank, May 4, 2007.

1. bluesTank

bluesTank Zombie
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Examkrackers mentions that alkenes/alkynes/benzene reactions are not topics covered on the MCAT as of 2003, and the AAMC website seems to confirm this.

Does anyone who has actually taken recall having ANY questions that had to do with those reactions or anything like that? I told my TPR teacher and he had never heard of that.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jochi1543

jochi1543 President, Gunner Central
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    I wrote on April 12, and yes, there WAS one question about an aromatic compound. I was REALLY glad that I had decided not to skip that section in EK - while I didn't remember it very well, I was able to eliminate 2 answers and guess.

4. meddoc1

2+ Year Member

I just did AAMC 7 and there was a load of OChem in it. There are also reactions that I didn't know I need to study. Well. I just studyeverything in the TPR book. Is that enough?