Orgo2 Online Through UNE Midterm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmQuestions5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I found older threads but they didn't have this specific question, and I didn't want to bring a dead thread back to life.

I am currently enrolled through UNE's online orgo 2 lecture only. I am accepted to pharmacy school but because of my C- they told me to take the class again online through UNE.

I'm about ready to take the midterm and I was curious on some things.

I haven't taken orgo 1 in quite a while (few years) so I don't fully remember all the details of things such as E1/E2/Sn1/Sn2 and extensive nomenclature.

I realize it's open note so I could just print off and go over the information, but if the midterm is only based on the first 6 modules (HNMR, IR, MS, CNMR, etc) then I see no reason to do this. It states it is just on those topics but I didn't know if they would throw in the questions where you have to be able to know the correct nomenclature to even be able to solve the problem.

If anyone has recently taken it could you let me know if it was just the 6 week modules or if organic 1 topics came up frequently. I don't want to waste time re-studying orgo 1 if I don't have to.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I ended up taking it anyways and this is my result if anyone ever has the same question.

You do not need extensive organic chemistry 1 knowledge but printing off the basic functional groups and basic nomenclature helped. There were a few questions you had to know the molecule to be able to draw and solve it. There were also 1 to 2 reaction type questions for me, thankfully I had remembered it from organic 1.

Overall the midterm was pretty straightforward, so as long as you do the readings and the lecture it shouldn't be a problem! Kind of creepy how the proctorU system has TOTAL control of you computer (and all files) but it's understandable.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I just took the midterm. I thought I knew the answers but actually got an 80% on the exam. How are you prepping for the final?

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I knew all the answers too and got an 82% - annoying because I had marked down a few numbers I wanted to double check because I could've argued it on my answer but wasn't able to see any of the results!

I just want to finish the final and be done with this darn class!

me too haha I feel your pain

how fast have you been doing it? i was originally only doing 1 week of material per day but have been recently doing 2 weeks per day. its rough, like 7-9 hours per day but it's helping me to speed through it!

i took a break today I couldn't handle it anymore haha. I'm currently on week 10

I'm not even sure. I did the first half of the class in a couple days. The posts took me way too long. I have only gotten through week 8 but tomorrow I am going to try to power through most of the lectures. I am going to read through the objectives and learning goals, listen to the lectures, review quiz questions, skim homework. I want to take the final tomorrow or Sunday. At this point I just need to hurry and pass. A 30% gives me a C in the class. I would be happy with a B.

yea like a 32% or so gives me a C in the class and thats all I need since I'm already accepted to school haha. I just don't want to go too fast and screw myself over, so I'll probably keep doing 2 weeks per day and just do the final on Tuesday

anyways, biochem is a first semester course at the pharmacy school I'm going to so it won't be a bad refresher right before school starts

yea like a 32% or so gives me a C in the class and thats all I need since I'm already accepted to school haha. I just don't want to go too fast and screw myself over, so I'll probably keep doing 2 weeks per day and just do the final on Tuesday

Hey!! I just signed up for this class. It starts March 7th. I was on the same boat as you I got accepted into pharm. school and need to retake it.
Any tips AT ALL would be so helpful
-how did you prepare for the midterm?
-was the midterm hard?
-is getting a C possible without knowing any biochem?
-what would you recommend me print off for the midterm (NMR charts, IR charts)?
-anytips please?

hello! did you guys buy the whiteboard for the orgo 2 midterm? was it a huge help during the midterm or do you think its alright if you dont have the whiteboard (shipping costs are pricey!)

hello! did you guys buy the whiteboard for the orgo 2 midterm? was it a huge help during the midterm or do you think its alright if you dont have the whiteboard (shipping costs are pricey!)
I havent purchased the white board yet either. When are you you taking the midterm? I need to take it within the next 2 weeks.

I havent purchased the white board yet either. When are you you taking the midterm? I need to take it within the next 2 weeks.
i havent taken the midterm yet either. A little scared tbh lol. I am planning to take it next week

i havent taken the midterm yet either. A little scared tbh lol. I am planning to take it next week
I still have 2 weeks of work to go over smh. Please let me know if you take it before me. I'm scared to lol

Wow I just purchased "the shipping" I mean the whiteboard lol. That's crazy how it cost more than the board!