You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Orientation 2008
Started by bcat85
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First year students: How's everyone's m.s. orientation going? Its actually sort of impressive the shift everyone seems to have made from neurotic pre-med to "still competitive but relatively low key" medical student.
Haha..it's still early in the game. You'll see the neurotic side come out of most of your classmates, don't worry. Those same happy go lucky people you see right now will be FREAKING OUT in about a month or less.
First year students: How's everyone's m.s. orientation going? Its actually sort of impressive the shift everyone seems to have made from neurotic pre-med to "still competitive but relatively low key" medical student.
Wait until you're in the library on the night before your first exam . . .
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First year students: How's everyone's m.s. orientation going? Its actually sort of impressive the shift everyone seems to have made from neurotic pre-med to "still competitive but relatively low key" medical student.
There hasn't been a shift. Classes haven't started yet.
Orientation starts 8/19 for me.
We just wrapped up the first week of classes. Orientation was LONG, with a lot of PowerPoints on code-of-conduct, hand-washing, professionalism, organizational structure of the medical school, etc. The best part of orientation was when classes started the next week!!
We just wrapped up the first week of classes. Orientation was LONG, with a lot of PowerPoints on code-of-conduct, hand-washing, professionalism, organizational structure of the medical school, etc. The best part of orientation was when classes started the next week!!
I heard PBL is starting to be a bit of a chore 😉
Orientation starts the 12th, more to come.
First year students: How's everyone's m.s. orientation going? Its actually sort of impressive the shift everyone seems to have made from neurotic pre-med to "still competitive but relatively low key" medical student.
I'm worried that I'm going to go from non-competitive laid back college student to gunner med student.
A friend of mine who's in residency was telling that I was beginning "[to sound] like a gunner."
🙁What can I say? I'm freaked out. Totally freaked out.
I'm worried that I'm going to go from non-competitive laid back college student to gunner med student.
A friend of mine who's in residency was telling that I was beginning "[to sound] like a gunner."🙁
What can I say? I'm freaked out. Totally freaked out.
Don't freak out! (I went to P&S, now an EM intern.) You'll do great! You'll love it, and you'll do just fine.
I thought 1st year was tough, mainly because on top of learning the ropes and studying for classes, you're socializing and forming friendships. But once you get into the swing, trust me, it will be cool!
Much P&S love😍
Don't freak out! (I went to P&S, now an EM intern.) You'll do great! You'll love it, and you'll do just fine.
I thought 1st year was tough, mainly because on top of learning the ropes and studying for classes, you're socializing and forming friendships. But once you get into the swing, trust me, it will be cool!
Much P&S love😍
Thanks for the encouragement!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 798
- Replies
- 20
- Views
- 2K