Orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

grahmcracker

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys. 🙂 Today was the first day of orientation for TCOM. Wow. I felt like it was my first day of High School.

I did not know anyone and I was very nervous about making new friends. I was thinking "will they like me?" and "will they like me when they find out I'm not 22 and single?". I was feeling pressure big time.

The best part of the day was a film clip they showed us about "proper conduct". The staff had dubbed the clip with movie snippets from Clueless, Terminator 2, etc.

For example, they showed a banner that said "academic dishonesty". Then they followed it with a clip from some movie where high school students are thinking of creative ways to cheat. Next they showed a banner that said "Consequences". The clip that followed was of Arnold Swarzennager jumping on his harley with a loaded shotgun. A banner pointed to his head and said "Our dean".

It was a great tension breaker. I hope you guys have a great orientation too. Ours will continue the rest of this week. I'm on information overload already with all the "electronic" curricula, passwords, and library information we have to know.
😕

Be sure to post up when orientation starts for you guys. Would love to comiserate and share the stories. 😀
 
Ours start on Aug7th.... I'll post up what I thought of it.... Thanks for sharing yours....Anyone else?