Orientation

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by grahmcracker, Jul 30, 2001.

1. grahmcracker

grahmcracker Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys. :) Today was the first day of orientation for TCOM. Wow. I felt like it was my first day of High School.

I did not know anyone and I was very nervous about making new friends. I was thinking "will they like me?" and "will they like me when they find out I'm not 22 and single?". I was feeling pressure big time.

The best part of the day was a film clip they showed us about "proper conduct". The staff had dubbed the clip with movie snippets from Clueless, Terminator 2, etc.

For example, they showed a banner that said "academic dishonesty". Then they followed it with a clip from some movie where high school students are thinking of creative ways to cheat. Next they showed a banner that said "Consequences". The clip that followed was of Arnold Swarzennager jumping on his harley with a loaded shotgun. A banner pointed to his head and said "Our dean".

It was a great tension breaker. I hope you guys have a great orientation too. Ours will continue the rest of this week. I'm on information overload already with all the "electronic" curricula, passwords, and library information we have to know.
    :confused:

Be sure to post up when orientation starts for you guys. Would love to comiserate and share the stories. :D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ours start on Aug7th.... I'll post up what I thought of it.... Thanks for sharing yours....Anyone else?

4. roughgod

roughgod Member
    10+ Year Member

Ours start on the 22nd.....will have more then.