Orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantasty

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize some schools have been going for awhile now, but ours is knee-deep in orientation. As an old fart, it's kind of nostalgic to see all of their excited little faces. :cool:

Give'em a couple of weeks :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

We start our orientation tomorrow. Color me n00bish.

Members don't see this ad :)
have yet to start orientation...i love being in one of the med schools that starts at the latest possible time.

we just finished today. saturday is the white coat and then off to classes! i can't believe how tired i am just from all the administrative information, student panels, etc. i totally missed out on the evening activities because i'm an old fart m1.

medicomel said:
we just finished today. saturday is the white coat and then off to classes! i can't believe how tired i am just from all the administrative information, student panels, etc. i totally missed out on the evening activities because i'm an old fart m1.

Just wait... Our first test is Monday. It is really exhausting making the adjustment to studying all the time. BUT it is so cool to actually be in medical school. It is not like any other type of schooling that I have experienced. I actually pay attention in class, because I am really interested in what the professors are saying. It's awesome :)

medicomel said:

i hear ya! old fart here too. We've just finished our first week of "real classes" and I already feel slightly swamped--I know it just gets worse from here! People are starting to crowd the library already, but there are still all these social events going on and I feel antisocial not goign to them.

oompa loompa said:
i hear ya! old fart here too. We've just finished our first week of "real classes" and I already feel slightly swamped--I know it just gets worse from here! People are starting to crowd the library already, but there are still all these social events going on and I feel antisocial not goign to them.

I am not going out this weekend, but I will be out in full effect on Monday night!

R*ckstar said:
Just wait... Our first test is Monday. It is really exhausting making the adjustment to studying all the time. BUT it is so cool to actually be in medical school. It is not like any other type of schooling that I have experienced. I actually pay attention in class, because I am really interested in what the professors are saying. It's awesome :)
What's the over/under on how long he stays excited?

Ahem. I'm not bitter. Not bitter.

What exactly is the criteria for "old fart"?