Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest with you I have no idea. Sorry. Program directors aren't stupid tho and they seem to know which schools have pass/fail, AOA etc. Keep in mind that only 1/3-40% of matched Ortho applicants are AOA. I don't know of ANY programs that strictly require AOA for interview.If time permits, I was wondering if you might be able to shed some light on how orthopaedic residency programs look at applicants who have graduated from US MD schools with pass/fail (no AOA or class rank) grading systems. I know that some programs require AOA for an interview, but how does this work if one's medical school does not have AOA?
Thank you for your time and advice!
I would talk to the senior medical students at your school who are applying Ortho and ask them what they think and if has changed their approach to applying.