1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

OSHU LOR's

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SolidGold, Sep 2, 2002.

1. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I recently added OHSU as a designated school and I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what kind of LOR's they want. I don't have the secondary yet and I will be dropping the addresses to my professors. But I would like info about their LOR's so that I won't have to make repeat trips to them.

I have completed graduate work and want to use letters by professors there and they do not have a committee letter. Can someone please tell me what letters they want, like how many science or non-science, and whether or not they have a special recommendation form to fill out. They want it sent to the Office of Admissions right? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

"3 college or univerisity faculty from any department (It is recommended that at least 1 be from science faculty).... Applicants who have been out of college for 5 years or more may submit 2 letters from employers and one faculty letter. It is highly recommended that applicants provide additional non-academic recommendations (i.e. work, community service, health care experiences) as well. All letters must be submitted on departmental/company stationery and sent directly to......."

Yes, have them sent to the office of admissions.

4. SolidGold

SolidGold Florida winters are the best!
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Thanks alot, I really appreciate it. Just to be sure, is this the correct address for the office of Admissions? Thanks

Oregon Health & Science University
    School of Medicine, Office of Admissions
    3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, L102
    Portland, OR 97239

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

School of medicine/L102
    Zip is 97201-3098