Osler MP3s

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never heard (of) them. Seems a bit steep to pay $568 for some audio tapes. Esp. since I don't have a tape player! :)

But then again, I rarely use the CD-roms that are increasingly supplied with the Big Books. While the idea makes sense, I'm just old-fashioned and prefer to turn non-virtual pages to find my images...

Matte Kudesai said:
Have em and love em

You have the MP3s and PDF files?

Dude, how much would you charge to rip me a copy of em?

Members don't see this ad :)
PathOne said:
Never heard (of) them. Seems a bit steep to pay $568 for some audio tapes. Esp. since I don't have a tape player! :)

But then again, I rarely use the CD-roms that are increasingly supplied with the Big Books. While the idea makes sense, I'm just old-fashioned and prefer to turn non-virtual pages to find my images...

I give credit to UCSF, prior to selling the MP3s, their residents found a way to burn em to a MP3 format, then slapped all 70hrs on a IPOD. Of course, they dont want to share :(

Just lugged Mckee's and Calonje's "Pathology of the Skin" home from USCAP. All 2112 pages and 21.1 pounds of it. Apparently, there's two CD-roms supplied with it which contains most of the images (but not the text, I think). Some day, even I probably have to Go Digital. But I don't know how I'll manage to take the laptop with me in the hot tub... :) - then again, that's also a bit difficult with the Big Books...

Too many years in the Autopsy Room: I carry a weight with me at all times! D:

(waiting two heartbeats)

No, I cursed so hard bringing the damned thing back that I looked it up on Amazon. I can also tell you that the new Rosai weighs 22.3 pounds. So drop that gym membership and start lifting pathology books. I recommend the two-volume sets. That way, you'll train both your arms up so you can REALLY twist those scope knobs!

PathOne said:
That way, you'll train both your arms up so you can REALLY twist those scope knobs!
I saw this (newfangled?) scope in the exhibition hall which allows the user to adjust the tension in the scope knobs!

Heyyy! Then I guess I need neither the Gym membership nor lifting the Big Books. I'll just adjust the tension on the scope knobs really, really hard, and I'll become Fit and Beautiful!

Yesssssss! Say it will be so (I assume, a priori, that you refer to a fit and beautiful 18 yr old).

And rather than curing Melanoma and distinguishing between MM and Spitz' Nevus, I want to create the cream that can make my skin soft as a newborn baby.

I'll be irresistible!

I'd fail miserably with MP3s or tapes. I'm not an audio learner at all. In one ear, out the other. I need to put pen to paper and scribble lots of little notes.

If anyone can burn me a copy as well, please PM me...

EvilNewbie said:
If anyone can burn me a copy as well, please PM me...
Do we need to be thinking about this already as pre-PGY1's? I thought I was doing well working my way through Robbins at a snail's pace.

cytoborg said:
Do we need to be thinking about this already as pre-PGY1's? I thought I was doing well working my way through Robbins at a snail's pace.

no

AndyMilonakis said:
Good. I will now go back to enjoying the responsibility-free bliss of the remainder of my 4th year. :)

cytoborg said:

You really don't need to be thinking about it as PGY1s either. There is a lot to learn and reviewing info for the boards isn't the best way to learn it.

yaah said:
You really don't need to be thinking about it as PGY1s either. There is a lot to learn and reviewing info for the boards isn't the best way to learn it.

No, you'd probably be much better off buying Yaah's signout notes! :D
They're probably expensive, but well worth that extra mortgage...