PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Never heard (of) them. Seems a bit steep to pay $568 for some audio tapes. Esp. since I don't have a tape player! :)

But then again, I rarely use the CD-roms that are increasingly supplied with the Big Books. While the idea makes sense, I'm just old-fashioned and prefer to turn non-virtual pages to find my images...

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
Matte Kudesai said:
Have em and love em
You have the MP3s and PDF files?

Dude, how much would you charge to rip me a copy of em?

OP
LADoc00

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
PathOne said:
Never heard (of) them. Seems a bit steep to pay $568 for some audio tapes. Esp. since I don't have a tape player! :)

But then again, I rarely use the CD-roms that are increasingly supplied with the Big Books. While the idea makes sense, I'm just old-fashioned and prefer to turn non-virtual pages to find my images...
I give credit to UCSF, prior to selling the MP3s, their residents found a way to burn em to a MP3 format, then slapped all 70hrs on a IPOD. Of course, they dont want to share :(

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Just lugged Mckee's and Calonje's "Pathology of the Skin" home from USCAP. All 2112 pages and 21.1 pounds of it. Apparently, there's two CD-roms supplied with it which contains most of the images (but not the text, I think). Some day, even I probably have to Go Digital. But I don't know how I'll manage to take the laptop with me in the hot tub... :) - then again, that's also a bit difficult with the Big Books...

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Too many years in the Autopsy Room: I carry a weight with me at all times! D:

(waiting two heartbeats)

No, I cursed so hard bringing the damned thing back that I looked it up on Amazon. I can also tell you that the new Rosai weighs 22.3 pounds. So drop that gym membership and start lifting pathology books. I recommend the two-volume sets. That way, you'll train both your arms up so you can REALLY twist those scope knobs!

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
PathOne said:
That way, you'll train both your arms up so you can REALLY twist those scope knobs!
I saw this (newfangled?) scope in the exhibition hall which allows the user to adjust the tension in the scope knobs!

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Heyyy! Then I guess I need neither the Gym membership nor lifting the Big Books. I'll just adjust the tension on the scope knobs really, really hard, and I'll become Fit and Beautiful!

deschutes

Thing
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2004
On location
Status
Attending Physician
Well, I suppose that would give you the forearms and interossei of an 18 year old.

HNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
Yesssssss! Say it will be so (I assume, a priori, that you refer to a fit and beautiful 18 yr old).

And rather than curing Melanoma and distinguishing between MM and Spitz' Nevus, I want to create the cream that can make my skin soft as a newborn baby.

I'll be irresistible!

cytoborg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
In a fog
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I'd fail miserably with MP3s or tapes. I'm not an audio learner at all. In one ear, out the other. I need to put pen to paper and scribble lots of little notes.

cytoborg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2004
In a fog
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
EvilNewbie said:
If anyone can burn me a copy as well, please PM me...
Do we need to be thinking about this already as pre-PGY1's? I thought I was doing well working my way through Robbins at a snail's pace.

yaah

Boring
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status
Attending Physician
cytoborg said:
Do we need to be thinking about this already as pre-PGY1's? I thought I was doing well working my way through Robbins at a snail's pace.
You really don't need to be thinking about it as PGY1s either. There is a lot to learn and reviewing info for the boards isn't the best way to learn it.

PathOne

Derminatrix
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 10, 2004
Skin City
Status
Attending Physician
yaah said:
You really don't need to be thinking about it as PGY1s either. There is a lot to learn and reviewing info for the boards isn't the best way to learn it.
No, you'd probably be much better off buying Yaah's signout notes! :D
They're probably expensive, but well worth that extra mortgage...