Osteopathic Boards/AOBP Question Bank?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DadD.O.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have recently taken the certifying exam for the AOBP, What question banks did you use?

Are there any question banks specifically made for the AOBP exam?
If not, what question banks did you use for the OMT portion of the exam?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have recently taken the certifying exam for the AOBP, What question banks did you use?

Are there any question banks specifically made for the AOBP exam?
If not, what question banks did you use for the OMT portion of the exam?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I took AOBP in addition to ABP.

I used medstudy and PREP. Didn't have any OMT Qbanks, I just crammed in some OMT review the week before the exam (Savarese book, and review chapman's points) and it was sufficient for the test.

Reactions: 1 user
I took AOBP in addition to ABP.

I used medstudy and PREP. Didn't have any OMT Qbanks, I just crammed in some OMT review the week before the exam (Savarese book, and review chapman's points) and it was sufficient for the test.
I'm curious, what did you think of the AOBP compared to the ABP exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious, what did you think of the AOBP compared to the ABP exam?
The test is very horribly written and outdated. I think worse written than even comlex. The questions are more straightforward, mostly 1st order thinking of either you know this fact or don't. Not a lot of critical thinking. The OMM questions were weird but admittedly I didn't study much for that and just looked at old OMM reviews from med school for a few days before the test. Definitely much much easier than the ABP.

I took the test mostly because it was paid for by my residency program and gave me a safety net if i had failed ABP. I don't plan on ever renewing the DO board certification ever.

Quick question for those who took the certification previously, how long did it take for the results to be emailed? Did it really take 90 days? Thanks!

The test is very horribly written and outdated. I think worse written than even comlex. The questions are more straightforward, mostly 1st order thinking of either you know this fact or don't. Not a lot of critical thinking. The OMM questions were weird but admittedly I didn't study much for that and just looked at old OMM reviews from med school for a few days before the test. Definitely much much easier than the ABP.

I took the test mostly because it was paid for by my residency program and gave me a safety net if i had failed ABP. I don't plan on ever renewing the DO board certification ever.
About what I'd expect. I can't imagine anyone is brainwashed enough to take them instead of the ABP boards.