Osteopathic surgery residencies in MI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vrazz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am looking, in vain, for detailed information about the 13 DO residency programs in general surgery in Michigan. Preferably, I'd like to hear from residents currently in those programs or who recently graduated.

I'll go where I get in, if I get in anywhere, but my husband has a job that is currently supporting us both and we'd like to stay in the state if at all possible. With that in mind, I want to know which of the MI programs are best for # of surgerys, training, and if any are resident friendly (are you guys happy out there?). I need to choose which sites to do my audition rotations at this summer.

So far, it's Mt Clemens, Botsford, HF Macomb, HF Wyandotte. I'd like to check out Metropolitan in GR if I can squeeze another 2 week rotation in as well.

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Garden City was highly recommended to me by upperclassmen who rotated though there so I'll be spending a month with them this summer. I've heard a lot of the programs in MI are top heavy in surgical #'s because of their small sizes. Seems counter intuitive to me, but that's the rumor I've heard.

I too would love more info on any of the MI surg programs