T

tlaurick

I am facing a difficult decision and hope that some of you 1st and 2nd year students from OSU and KCOM can help. I have been accepted to all of the schools that interviewed at but have narrowed my choices to OSU and KCOM. I really like both programs and am trying to choose which one to attend.

I would very much like to know any significant positive and negative experiences that you have had at your respective school that . The information that I obtained during both interviews was for the most part completely positive. I want to know whatever it is that I may not have been told during my interviews.

I am 26 yrs old and am married with three daughters. I will be using the AFHPSP scholarship and Montgomery GI Bill to finance my education. It would be great to hear from those of you in similar situations.

If you are not comfortable in posting what you have to say on sdn please email me at [email protected]

OSUdoc08

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2003
Status
Medical Student
tlaurick said:
I am facing a difficult decision and hope that some of you 1st and 2nd year students from OSU and KCOM can help. I have been accepted to all of the schools that interviewed at but have narrowed my choices to OSU and KCOM. I really like both programs and am trying to choose which one to attend.

I would very much like to know any significant positive and negative experiences that you have had at your respective school that . The information that I obtained during both interviews was for the most part completely positive. I want to know whatever it is that I may not have been told during my interviews.

I am 26 yrs old and am married with three daughters. I will be using the AFHPSP scholarship and Montgomery GI Bill to finance my education. It would be great to hear from those of you in similar situations.

If you are not comfortable in posting what you have to say on sdn please email me at [email protected]

I was accepted to both OSU-COM and KCOM.

I chose OSU-COM over KCOM for the following reasons:

1. OSU-COM has new and nice facilities. Everything is located in one building, and you don't have to hike downtown to go to lab. We have wireless internet access, and internet hookups at every seat in the classroom. There are study rooms throughout campus, and the school is located right off of the highway, so one can easily get there from anywhere.
2. Tulsa is a great town to live in, and has everything you'd really need while you are in med school. Not only is it not in the middle of nowhere, but it is in the center of everything.
3. Tulsa is only 4 hours from my family in Dallas. No flying would be involved to visit him, especially in the event of a family emergency.
4. OSU-COM has the largest osteopathic hospital, and core rotations can be done in Tulsa or Oklahoma City, both large towns
5. OSU-COM students are able to use all of the Oklahoma State facilities as students, including athletic facilities and attending sporting events
6. I plan to do emergency medicine, and there are 3 emergency medicine residencies in close proximity to OSU-COM, and those residencies are the only 3 West of the Mississippi River. There is talk about a 4th one opening up as well.
7. Most importantly, I enjoyed the atmosphere at OSU-COM, and I felt like it was the place for me.

Remember, these are my personal opinion. You'll need to come up with some of your own.