OSU Living

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spanisheyes

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a thread like this concerning SCO and I'm interested in the same info for OSU

To OSU students:
where are the better neighborhoods around OSU?
How much would rent be?
How is living in Ohio? student life?
Do the positives outweigh the negatives? (This means costs/debt, living, etc)

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

also, does anyone know its board passing rate?

Living in Columbus: It really depends if you want to walk to classes everyday or drive to campus. The university has some pretty nice housing in the South Campus Gateway for graduate students. A lot of graduate students also live south of campus in Victorian Village or German Village, but don't expec to walk to class. For those students who prefer a commute to class in the morning there all sorts of apartment complexes in all areas of Columbus. Dublin, New Albany, Hilliard, and Westerville to just name a few.

Rent: As far as rent goes it just depends where you live. I know the South Campus Gateway is a bit pricey http://www.southcampusapts.com/floorplans.aspx I wouldn't be suprised if you can find a reasonable place to live off campus for $400-500/person.

Livining in Ohio: Great! There is plenty to do. Saturdays are game days for football. By far the biggest thing in Columbus during football season. There are plenty of night life scenes both on and off campus. Downtown and arena district are more of the graduate student scene.

Positives/Negatives: Inexpensive housing with plenty of things to do along with a great optometry school leaves Columbus a very attractive city to live in. Among other optometry schools St. Louis has very cheap housing rates with plenty to do. Memphis is also very similar in price range to Columbus but Columbus seems to have more things to do!