Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
In the space provided, describe your motivation for a career in medicine and experiences you have had that helped confirm this desire.
*Please avoid using contractions and quotations. (600 words or less)

this seems so similiar to the original personal statment. how much overlap can there be? Any ideas?? :confused:

WaitingImpatiently

Long Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2002
Visit site
Status
It's funny how when I did the OSU secondary last year, I didn't even consider that there would be overlap, but after reading the question over again, I feel differently.

Anyway, my personal statement was about ONE aspect of my desire to go into medicine. I attacked it from all angles. For the OSU question, I went way back to when I was young, and discussed all the developments in my life that led to my desire to be a doctor. Yes, I did mention the one big thing from the personal statement, but that was mostly a confirmation that I want to enter medicine, not a reason.

When I read over my secondary essays right before my interview, I thought they were really good, probably the best secondary answers of all my apps. I got in.

Good luck

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads