OSU (OOS) vs PennVet (OOS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamatrashpanda

Reaction score
Struggling to decide between these two great programs. OSU has been so friendly and shown great interest in ME as a candidate - they have also given me some $$. I'm NYC-based and have my MPH so I'm very interested in LA/equine at the intersection of infectious disease, and all my MPH research is very One Health focused.

Penn would be a great choice to continue my city lifestyle, but I'm not sure that I got the right vibe there. However, I love that it's easy to commute home (my spouse cannot leave NYC) and that the school is an outgrowth of the med school since my research focus to date has been One Health.

Any thoughts or people in a similar situation? I am also older / a non-traditional vet school applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not in that situation (yet haha). I just wanted to say you never used the word “but” with OSU. It sounds like you have a lot more pros there and then with Penn, it seems the biggest is city life and a closer commute. If you think that being closer to your family will be a huge factor while you’re in school, then I think that would be something to really consider. That said, it seems like you’re more excited for OSU, so picking a school that makes you feel wanted and excited is very important. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve never been to UPenn area but Columbus is quite big and has a lot to do. Lots of art and festivals etc. I always felt it had that large city feel despite being a medium sized city. The med school and other health professions are also very involved with the vet school. I don’t know UPenn well so I cannot comment. Good luck!

Struggling to decide between these two great programs. OSU has been so friendly and shown great interest in ME as a candidate - they have also given me some $$. I'm NYC-based and have my MPH so I'm very interested in LA/equine at the intersection of infectious disease, and all my MPH research is very One Health focused.

Penn would be a great choice to continue my city lifestyle, but I'm not sure that I got the right vibe there. However, I love that it's easy to commute home (my spouse cannot leave NYC) and that the school is an outgrowth of the med school since my research focus to date has been One Health.

Any thoughts or people in a similar situation? I am also older / a non-traditional vet school applic

Any thoughts or people in a similar situation? I am also older / a non-traditional vet school applicant.
I’m going through the same situation. To me it’s going to be the focus on which one is more financially feasible and Ohio did also send the scholarships today. I was wondering how much did they give you?