OSU vs. UMaryland vs. Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emergency_spinach

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats on the acceptances!

I’d probably choose OSU because it’s a great state school, new/fun city for you (especially the sporting events!) and has the opportunities to pursue EM/trauma. Yes there will be a regional pull for residency, but if you want to match on the east coast you could always do away rotations back on the east coast. Also P/F is a dream, huge plus so you can do other things outside of your core classes.

Maryland not being P/F definitely makes it less attractive, but going somewhere you already have friends going makes it easier to settle in/find friends to study/hang with. Shock Trauma is the best of the best in Maryland for trauma, it just depends if you can withstand Baltimore for another 4 years.

Georgetown definitely has name recognition for matching back on the east coast, but comes with a hefty price tag. I really don’t have many pros to say about Georgetown personally, so i’ll defer to someone else for their opinions.

Honestly, if you’re totally okay with starting somewhere new, I think that you would have a blast and blossom at OSU. You’re going to be a great doctor, congrats!

Congrats on the acceptances!

I’d probably choose OSU because it’s a great state school, new/fun city for you (especially the sporting events!) and has the opportunities to pursue EM/trauma. Yes there will be a regional pull for residency, but if you want to match on the east coast you could always do away rotations back on the east coast. Also P/F is a dream, huge plus so you can do other things outside of your core classes.

Maryland not being P/F definitely makes it less attractive, but going somewhere you already have friends going makes it easier to settle in/find friends to study/hang with. Shock Trauma is the best of the best in Maryland for trauma, it just depends if you can withstand Baltimore for another 4 years.

Georgetown definitely has name recognition for matching back on the east coast, but comes with a hefty price tag. I really don’t have many pros to say about Georgetown personally, so i’ll defer to someone else for their opinions.

Honestly, if you’re totally okay with starting somewhere new, I think that you would have a blast and blossom at OSU. You’re going to be a great doctor, congrats!
yeah not too much that’s attractive for Georgetown in my eyes, and definitely slightly leaning towards OSU and doing away rotations to get back, thanks for the detailed response!

Status
Not open for further replies.