You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OT: I sure do love my pets
Started by blackangussteak
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My husband and I have two dogs, an 8 year old vizsla, Rupert, and a 5 year old pug, Satchmo. Satchmo is constantly trying to tell Rupert he is in charge- chewing/licking/suckling/pulling on his elbows and legs and jowls while making little growly pug noises. (So weird- has anybody ever seen a dog do that before? I should try to get some video of the elbow sucking...) Rupert tolerates his foolishness much better than I would... Also have 5 cats whose duties includes keeping the rodent population in the barn down and keeping my feet warm in bed at night. They take their work very seriously.
We've got a dozen goats in the barn right now- ten does, a buck and a wether. 6 does are due to kid this spring, with the first one due any minute. She's driving me crazy with the waiting! And of course it's snowing today, so you'd assume she'd decide that this would be the day to get the kids out... 🙄 We bought our buck this past fall, and he is an absolute riot. I never understood why other goat people got so silly about their bucks until we kept one ourselves. He's got so much personality and I swear he'd come right into the house with the dogs if we let him.
We've got a dozen goats in the barn right now- ten does, a buck and a wether. 6 does are due to kid this spring, with the first one due any minute. She's driving me crazy with the waiting! And of course it's snowing today, so you'd assume she'd decide that this would be the day to get the kids out... 🙄 We bought our buck this past fall, and he is an absolute riot. I never understood why other goat people got so silly about their bucks until we kept one ourselves. He's got so much personality and I swear he'd come right into the house with the dogs if we let him.
I love my dog Harley because he makes me laugh almost everyday
He's an awesome bed warmer-upper
And he's good with our foster children
I love my cat Winston because he thinks he is a dog
And last but certainly not least....I love Nikko because she was my first true love and my most loyal best friend for 12 years
He's an awesome bed warmer-upper
And he's good with our foster children
I love my cat Winston because he thinks he is a dog
And last but certainly not least....I love Nikko because she was my first true love and my most loyal best friend for 12 years
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flying goat: yeah, they'll kid when your not around for the 1st time. You'll be watching them like a hawk for like two weeks and the first time you go out of the house to pick someone up from the airport (at a reasonable time of day) they kid! or when you just don't think they'll kid tonight, go inside, and wake up to some babies! UGH, I swear these does think it's funny! 
Labrat: That first picture made me giggle, what a silly dog 🙂

Labrat: That first picture made me giggle, what a silly dog 🙂
My cat is obsessed with my parents' cat, Derby. Bear is my cat, and he follows Derby around all day. If Derby's asleep on my parents' bed, Bear's two feet away sleeping. If Derby's looking out the window, Bear's behind him watching him look out the window. It's really weird but hilarious because Derby finds Bear extremely obnoxious. We joke about how if Bear had a facebook he would friend request Derby and Derby would deny the request but Bear would never get the hint and just keep trying. If Bear had a cell phone, every speed dial would be Derby's number.
My parents said the other day that when Bear and I go away to school in the fall, I should get a big TV and they can hook up cameras around the house so that Bear can watch Derby while I'm in classes. The sad thing is I think I would find him every day staring at the screen.
My parents said the other day that when Bear and I go away to school in the fall, I should get a big TV and they can hook up cameras around the house so that Bear can watch Derby while I'm in classes. The sad thing is I think I would find him every day staring at the screen.
My parents said the other day that when Bear and I go away to school in the fall, I should get a big TV and they can hook up cameras around the house so that Bear can watch Derby while I'm in classes. The sad thing is I think I would find him every day staring at the screen.
Oh, Bear is probably gonna be so lonely when you guys leave 🙁
flying goat: yeah, they'll kid when your not around for the 1st time. You'll be watching them like a hawk for like two weeks and the first time you go out of the house to pick someone up from the airport (at a reasonable time of day) they kid! or when you just don't think they'll kid tonight, go inside, and wake up to some babies! UGH, I swear these does think it's funny!![]()
Oh for sure.... We try to be there for the births in case we have to assist... Plus, it's still kind of cold out up here at night, and this first round that's due are some first timers, so I don't know how their parenting skills are... 🙄
At least it's spring break this week. But they'll probably hold them in until I go back to class next week.
I love my cat Winston because he thinks he is a dog
I've got one of those, too!
My cat, Zeke, thinks he's a dog and will push Satchmo out of his spot on the couch or right out of his bed if that's where he wants to sleep!LabRat 83, OMG your pets are adorable!!!
Lab Rat83 - That first picture of Harley is so freaking amazing! You can't help but smile seeing that. Gosh, I love boxers.😍
You love Boxers, you say? Here's mine as a pup:
And a few more recent ones:
And because I love my other pets too...
My Golden, Scout
I love her because of her goofy bow-legs. She's had ACL repairs in both hind legs so she walks a little funny 😍
I love my Ellie because she pretends to be regal and majestic when really she's anything but. I've had her since I was 11 and she was 2.
Mostly I love her because she's put up with me for 10 years and has carried me around safely and reliably that whole time without complaint.
I love Lady because she's old (22) and cranky.
But she'll still get down to business when the occasion requires.
<3 My girls
And my whole crew last summer, when Willow was still around =(
My Golden, Scout
I love her because of her goofy bow-legs. She's had ACL repairs in both hind legs so she walks a little funny 😍
I love my Ellie because she pretends to be regal and majestic when really she's anything but. I've had her since I was 11 and she was 2.
Mostly I love her because she's put up with me for 10 years and has carried me around safely and reliably that whole time without complaint.
I love Lady because she's old (22) and cranky.
But she'll still get down to business when the occasion requires.
<3 My girls
And my whole crew last summer, when Willow was still around =(
aw!! your boxer is such a cutie! I love the picture of him lying in the grass with that big smile! 🙂
Your horses are beautiful, too. Kind of makes me miss having one or three around... I figure when the time is right, I'll find another one... Or one will find me... 🙂
Your horses are beautiful, too. Kind of makes me miss having one or three around... I figure when the time is right, I'll find another one... Or one will find me... 🙂
just had to share some pics of last year's kids... 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just had to share some pics of last year's kids...
I absolutely love them! What beautiful animals they are....I especially love the ears. Cutest kids I've ever seen!
And sorry, I probably should have re-sized my pics. Didn't realize how gigantic they are.
I love my cat Zedd for putting up with this:
I'm surprised he did put up with that! I have a great pic of my cat in a ridiculous pumpkin hat...and when I become smarter I'll figure out how to post it!
Vesper wearing the amazing invader cat hat...
Vesper wearing the makeshift Halloween costume... a bag from the Tootsie Roll pops that I ate most of.
Another angle. She looks pleased, no?
Slater gets a turn. (Yes, different cat - they look alike.)
Then Chloe gets a turn! This is the best we could do.
At a later point... Doggie Gaga. Yes.
Last edited:
Love doggy gaga! Huge images, though.
This is my 7yo gelding Sam showing my yearling Remix how to deal with a tarp: first you stand on it, then you eat it!
This is my roommate with her dog and bunny and my two kittens, bonus for finding both! We aren't animal crazy AT ALL.
My boyfriend's crazy cat. He decided to be a fish.
Nope not horse crazy. Not one bit. My baby 🙂 🙂 🙂
This is my 7yo gelding Sam showing my yearling Remix how to deal with a tarp: first you stand on it, then you eat it!
This is my roommate with her dog and bunny and my two kittens, bonus for finding both! We aren't animal crazy AT ALL.
My boyfriend's crazy cat. He decided to be a fish.
Nope not horse crazy. Not one bit. My baby 🙂 🙂 🙂
She tolerates a lot, but not without some treat related encouragement. Here's our Xmas card from a couple years ago...
They could still stick up - you can see the one on the blue eye side. Trust me, she had those things off in 2 seconds when she wasn't being distracted by goodies. 😉
Yeah, I cropped the floor out of the actual card image. The cats attacked and destroyed the paper shortly after the photo shoot, lol.
I like how we're apparently the only people up (though I believe you are a couple hours earlier than I am...)
I like how we're apparently the only people up (though I believe you are a couple hours earlier than I am...)
B.. but... immunology!
I'm behind, and my give-a-crap hasn't really kicked in yet.
Also, I had a 3 hour nap today, which isn't uncommon - I'm kind of unintentionally biphasic with my sleeping habits. But, I'll go to bed after I finish isotype switching.
I'm behind, and my give-a-crap hasn't really kicked in yet.
Also, I had a 3 hour nap today, which isn't uncommon - I'm kind of unintentionally biphasic with my sleeping habits. But, I'll go to bed after I finish isotype switching.
I'm kind of the same way. Its easier for me to take a nap in the afternoon and stay up late vs. studying in the evening and going to bed at a reasonable hour. And I am def. NOT a morning person, gonna have to work on that between now and August!
BTW, the small amount of immunology we did in microbio was really cool. I wanted to take it but couldn't justify the cost.
BTW, the small amount of immunology we did in microbio was really cool. I wanted to take it but couldn't justify the cost.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's part of degree #2 for me. I really like it, which makes me even more ashamed that I'm so behind for Friday's test.
Also, I am unequivocally, absolutely, DEFINITELY not a morning person. Not not not. But the inevitable 8:30am class has kept me from getting too spoiled. (Oh, and having to open the clinic in the mornings - I don't really miss doing that 3x a week. Wait, 4x a week counting Saturdays.)
Also, I am unequivocally, absolutely, DEFINITELY not a morning person. Not not not. But the inevitable 8:30am class has kept me from getting too spoiled. (Oh, and having to open the clinic in the mornings - I don't really miss doing that 3x a week. Wait, 4x a week counting Saturdays.)
Yeah, I'm kinda spoiled right now as I'm only taking online genetics and working part time at a clinic in the afternoons. Although the next two weeks I'm taking over a co-worker who's having surgery's shifts starting at 7:30 in the morning. 😱 At least it's only 2 minutes from my apt, but still. too freaking early!
Everyone's pictures are so cute!! I always wanted a horse, but kitties sufficed haha
Last edited:
She tolerates a lot, but not without some treat related encouragement. Here's our Xmas card from a couple years ago...
![]()
Dying of cuteness right now.
What a cute Christmas photo!
This was my family's Christmas card a couple of years ago-our whole canine crew.
From left to right: Cassius, Otis, Scout, Emmitt, and Cooper.
This was my family's Christmas card a couple of years ago-our whole canine crew.
From left to right: Cassius, Otis, Scout, Emmitt, and Cooper.
Ellie, that is ADORABLE. I know there are cheesy family/pets Xmas photos in my future... I hope the relatives are ready for it! Lol.
I love the pics!!!!! I have pics.....but I'm too lazy to post. I have a website and a blog...there's pics there. None of them are as cute as the ones here.
I always mean to do xmas pics. And then I never do. Usually because I"m in the middle of the "poor me it's winter and I'm not getting my vit D" funk. I was going to send out pics to everyone last year that were my endurance ride "culls". I always buy all the pics from the endurance ride photographer, and some are hilariously bad. I only keep 1-2 from each ride so have ended up with a STACK of pics that I don't want to through away. I thought making each "bad" pic into a xmas card would be a good idea - definitely not the "I look good and so does my horse" traditional xmas card......Maybe this year will be the year? Or maybe I should just make up all the cards in July before school starts and I'm motivated?
Nice Christmas card EllieGirl!
This is my dog Rascal on Christmas. My sister brought him a Woody costume for Halloween, but I don't have a picture.
I don't know how someone could of ever just left him along the side of the road, but I'm so glad to have him even though he leaves his toys everywhere around the house, and I find treats sometimes under my pillow. I always have to double check before I sit down on the couch or on my bed because he loves to hide under covers.



This is the first goat I got to keep on a permanent basis, Clara. My mom spoils her and she'll do anything for cereal. She's in charge of the other animals at our house and she makes they know it even though she's getting older (the bigger dog we have is araid of her.)

These are her babies this year. The brown and white one died, but the doe lived and I named her Allie. She is by far the most rambunctious kid we've ever had. She loves to jump on the other goats when they're standing up, even if they're not her mother, and she's the first goat that I've ever had go and stand on my shoulder while I was standing up which about gave me a heart attack. I'm so glad that my parents are keeping her because she's my little buddy out in the barn; though she seems like she gets jealous if the other ones get attention.




These are some of our other goats, from left to right Olivia, Cowbell, and Violet. Cowbell and Violet are nicknamed the troublemaker twins becuase they work together to get what they want. Violet especially likes to go out of the gate and just take a nice leisurely stroll until somebody goes and drags her back.

This was my goat Maggie after her C-section with her kids Ozzie and Bella Ray. She was one of Clara's first doe kids and the first I got to raise from a kid. She died really young, but she was my favorite of all the animals that I've had.

We sold Bella Ray to a great home because we didn't have enough room for her at the time. I really regret selling her though becuase she was Maggie's only doe kid that lived. I still get to see Bella Ray every once in a while though and my mom told her owners we would gladly take her back when she was done with her breeding years. She had a gorgeous kid this year, but they're keeping her, otherwise I would beg my mom to buy her.
This is my dog Rascal on Christmas. My sister brought him a Woody costume for Halloween, but I don't have a picture.
I don't know how someone could of ever just left him along the side of the road, but I'm so glad to have him even though he leaves his toys everywhere around the house, and I find treats sometimes under my pillow. I always have to double check before I sit down on the couch or on my bed because he loves to hide under covers.



This is the first goat I got to keep on a permanent basis, Clara. My mom spoils her and she'll do anything for cereal. She's in charge of the other animals at our house and she makes they know it even though she's getting older (the bigger dog we have is araid of her.)

These are her babies this year. The brown and white one died, but the doe lived and I named her Allie. She is by far the most rambunctious kid we've ever had. She loves to jump on the other goats when they're standing up, even if they're not her mother, and she's the first goat that I've ever had go and stand on my shoulder while I was standing up which about gave me a heart attack. I'm so glad that my parents are keeping her because she's my little buddy out in the barn; though she seems like she gets jealous if the other ones get attention.




These are some of our other goats, from left to right Olivia, Cowbell, and Violet. Cowbell and Violet are nicknamed the troublemaker twins becuase they work together to get what they want. Violet especially likes to go out of the gate and just take a nice leisurely stroll until somebody goes and drags her back.

This was my goat Maggie after her C-section with her kids Ozzie and Bella Ray. She was one of Clara's first doe kids and the first I got to raise from a kid. She died really young, but she was my favorite of all the animals that I've had.

We sold Bella Ray to a great home because we didn't have enough room for her at the time. I really regret selling her though becuase she was Maggie's only doe kid that lived. I still get to see Bella Ray every once in a while though and my mom told her owners we would gladly take her back when she was done with her breeding years. She had a gorgeous kid this year, but they're keeping her, otherwise I would beg my mom to buy her.
The love of my life! 😛
He adores hikes...and yes he wears either socks or hiking booties when he does.
And of course, he puts up with a lot of costume changes! 😀
He adores hikes...and yes he wears either socks or hiking booties when he does.
And of course, he puts up with a lot of costume changes! 😀
Attachments
They're not my pets, but two of the owl monkeys (Mr. and Mrs. Fuzzy) where I volunteer at are extremely jealous. When a female employee pets Mr. Fuzzy, Mrs. Fuzzy tries to bite her. Mr. Fuzzy does the same when I try to pet Mrs. Fuzzy.
This is as close as I can get to them inside the cage before the crazy husband tries to tackle me. 😛
This is as close as I can get to them inside the cage before the crazy husband tries to tackle me. 😛
They're not my pets, but two of the owl monkeys (Mr. and Mrs. Fuzzy) where I volunteer at are extremely jealous. When a female employee pets Mr. Fuzzy, Mrs. Fuzzy tries to bite her. Mr. Fuzzy does the same when I try to pet Mrs. Fuzzy.
This is as close as I can get to them inside the cage before the crazy husband tries to tackle me. 😛
But only females?! Haha crazy couple 😀
The first pic is of Zoey trying to 'suckle' my male siamese haha and then Sukie (TrueBlood!) hanging out. We had 4, but the other black cat, Dexter, must've been somewhere else haha. I have some good ones on my phone but couldn't upload them. They are so cute!
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^^^
So many good captions can go with each picture.
So many good captions can go with each picture.Texas bluebonnets are so pretty. That's a handsome dobie!
Most of my files are too big and I am too lazy to convert... but here is one that it let me upload. I guess it also keeps me from taking up the whole page with my 9 cats and 6 dogs😍
But this is pool pal😎... hates water but refuses to leave me. So he sleeps in a float
But this is pool pal😎... hates water but refuses to leave me. So he sleeps in a float
Attachments
^^^So many good captions can go with each picture.
Haha! I'd love to hear some! 😀
Similar threads
A
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 742
A
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 747
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 264
D
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 1K
D


