OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would like to share a story some of you may find amusing. Pharmacy is a small world. A few years ago I went out with a pharmacy student from another school and it did not end well. Fast forward to last weekend, I get a call from my part time job (retail) pharmacy manager to come in and teach the new APPE student how to do MTMs (I am currently P4 as well and was on rotation at a different site). I give her my availability and the pharmacy manager texts me back, "Great, I will tell 'Jane' to expect you that day." I am thinking... okay it's not an uncommon name, it could be someone else... Please let it be someone else.

Nope. Same girl. I tried to my best to be professional about it and just teach her the steps but she is just completely silent the whole time. I have to ask several times if she is even following what I am saying and she just nods her head. And then at one point she takes out her phone and wants to record what I am saying. I tell her to just take notes if she wants to remember because I am not comfortable being recorded. She refuses and we pretty much get into an argument over it. Eventually she relented but not before the pharmacist and techs give us wtf looks. Yep, fun times. Pharmacy is a small world!
 
Would like to share a story some of you may find amusing. Pharmacy is a small world. A few years ago I went out with a pharmacy student from another school and it did not end well. Fast forward to last weekend, I get a call from my part time job (retail) pharmacy manager to come in and teach the new APPE student how to do MTMs (I am currently P4 as well and was on rotation at a different site). I give her my availability and the pharmacy manager texts me back, "Great, I will tell 'Jane' to expect you that day." I am thinking... okay it's not an uncommon name, it could be someone else... Please let it be someone else.

Nope. Same girl. I tried to my best to be professional about it and just teach her the steps but she is just completely silent the whole time. I have to ask several times if she is even following what I am saying and she just nods her head. And then at one point she takes out her phone and wants to record what I am saying. I tell her to just take notes if she wants to remember because I am not comfortable being recorded. She refuses and we pretty much get into an argument over it. Eventually she relented but not before the pharmacist and techs give us wtf looks. Yep, fun times. Pharmacy is a small world!

Awkward. Lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't get a vacation until the first week of October. Either doing octoberfest vs. staycation. Either way it's a week off of trauma surgery, so well worth it.

i guess I could do my usual vacation spots of Miami, NYC or Chicago. But I'm trying to explore new places and all that I've done all three to death.
 
does your cousin live somewhere awesome?

Not sure if this would count, but it sure is as hot as Mexico. I got tricked by my family, thinking this was gonna be a fully-paid vacation with hot deals. Instead, what I get is a disease-ridden grandmother for me to take care of. I still have 10 more days to go, unfortunately.
 
I don't get a vacation until the first week of October. Either doing octoberfest vs. staycation. Either way it's a week off of trauma surgery, so well worth it.

i guess I could do my usual vacation spots of Miami, NYC or Chicago. But I'm trying to explore new places and all that I've done all three to death.

That's not too bad, considering the work that you have ahead of ya. I would definitely check out NYC. I regret the fact that I've moved away from NY for Boston.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So this will be my first year being apart of a fantasy football league. Does anybody play? And if so any advice?
 
So this will be my first year being apart of a fantasy football league. Does anybody play? And if so any advice?

I've played the past few years. I'm a pretty passive player so I don't know how good my advice is. I basically auto-draft and then base my player selection for the week on projected points. Some people really get super into it with the player selection and draft, but you probably need to follow the NFL really close to do well that way.

It's an entertaining fall activity though.
 
I've played the past few years. I'm a pretty passive player so I don't know how good my advice is. I basically auto-draft and then base my player selection for the week on projected points. Some people really get super into it with the player selection and draft, but you probably need to follow the NFL really close to do well that way.

It's an entertaining fall activity though.

Advice taken!!!

Yea I heard its a lot of fun. So I'm looking forward to it.
 
I didn't until the first time I had seats on the glass, right next to the penalty box. It's a ton of fun, lots of yelling. I'd go to the local team's games, but they charge a hefty price for a night at the junior league.

Oh, I'm sure seeing somebody getting checked into the glass would be fun. Haha.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Start my next rotation Monday, and I'm doing the rotation with one of my pricklier classmates. :/

I was lucky in this regard. The only complaint I recall is that on some rotations I did an unfair share of the work. Though everyone probably thinks they do an unfair share of the work - they probably had the same complaint against me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad