OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Usually, and Sci may have to correct me, you can go to any Ford dealer for maintainence.

I would never, ever buy a Ford unless it was a Roush Mustang.

It can be serviced anywhere, that's correct. A lot of the tuner parts that the Big 3 use are extremely similar to FRPP (Ford Racing) and thus, all Ford-certified technicians will be able to work on it.

At least I've never had a problem... pretty small sample size though considering it's only been to two dealerships in its young life (lots of miles, though!)

Ayemagyene, I had a woman just like her in the pharmacy yesterday...
 
Nicole, the lolipop won't hurt anything and yeah sure, some people will lie, but that's why you do a large number of them. Just have a checklist with standard income brackets, ethnicities, gender, marital status (don't forget to include "partnered"), geographic region, major and grade level. Then a small space for them to write in an ideal occupation (i.e. Nurse, engineer, teacher, blablah). Having them write out something longer will be a deterent. Then under that do the survey and add in some nonsense questions like favorite sport (for which you have specific ones to check off) and then integrate the questions from that one survey you did in class. Make sense? Then you can input all of the data (minus nonsense questions) into SPSS and get numerous breakdowns by ethnicity, gender, etc. You have to assign values to each variable. Sounds like a pain in the ass but you'll have an awesome project!
:bow:
hat.gif

Love_663.gif


THANK YOU SO MUCH.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just turned 25, you are almost there. :laugh: I still pass for 22ish. Only untill I open my mouth and then it becomes obvious, I'm an old fart.

I remember sitting in a class with freshman last semester and they were talking about the new Ghostbusters game. One of the kids goes "Man I have to rent the movies sometime and see what they're all about now!"

That was the first time I ever truly felt old lol
 
I'm 22. I met a girl at a party last night who said she felt really old for being 23 :laugh: She's probably the oldest person in her class in college. I told her that she looks like she's 20.
 
I remember sitting in a class with freshman last semester and they were talking about the new Ghostbusters game. One of the kids goes "Man I have to rent the movies sometime and see what they're all about now!"

That was the first time I ever truly felt old lol

The first time I felt old was when I was working on the garden at home and I saw a baby in a stroller with her mom taking a walk outside. When they were walking by, the kid says "Mommy, what's that man doing?" :laugh: I thought he might say "What's that boy doing?" or "What's that guy doing?" but he said "What's that man doing?" :laugh: That's when I felt old.
 
I'm 22. I met a girl at a party last night who said she felt really old for being 23 :laugh: She's probably the oldest person in her class in college. I told her that she looks like she's 20.
that was very nice of you.... girls like compliments.... but work on that bad boy image we previously discussed briefly 😎
 
I outrace V6 cars all the time on the way to school. :laugh: It's kinda dumb when I can go much faster than a Mustang on the highway :laugh: I guess those are just people who like fancy looking cars with good engines, but they don't actually use all (or even most) of the horsepower.

The only times I drive a V6 are when I drive the SUV at home :laugh:

I only drive V8 and V10 cars in video games :laugh: If I did that IRL, people on the highway might get nervous. :laugh: But seriously, I always keep my distance from other cars. I tend to use my breaks way more than most people, so on the highway, I always notice other cars keeping their distance from me. I rarely have any car right on my tail :laugh:

I'll smoke yah :meanie:

I actually don't drive like an old lady though. I drive my car a lot and I drive similar to you accept I don't break check because it's not too good for the car. I have a Passport 8500 on the windshield (gotta love Florida) but you can't have it on the military bases. I'm generally a really safe driver though... I've only had one speeding ticket back from Thanksgiving weekend 2005. My license is clean and I have no points or anything on it.

If you drive Tampa to Miami on the Alligator Alley stretch of I-75 it's nearly pin straight. It cuts right through The Everglades and sometimes you won't see a car for miles. That's when you can run into trouble and not even realize how fast you're going.
 
I'll smoke yah :meanie:

I actually don't drive like an old lady though. I drive my car a lot and I drive similar to you accept I don't break check because it's not too good for the car. I have a Passport 8500 on the windshield (gotta love Florida) but you can't have it on the military bases. I'm generally a really safe driver though... I've only had one speeding ticket back from Thanksgiving weekend 2005. My license is clean and I have no points or anything on it.

If you drive Tampa to Miami on the Alligator Alley stretch of I-75 it's nearly pin straight. It cuts right through The Everglades and sometimes you won't see a car for miles. That's when you can run into trouble and not even realize how fast you're going.

I've got 500 ponies producing 430 ft-lbs of torque saying you won't touch me unless I start in 3rd gear, though! 😛
 
I'll smoke yah :meanie:

I actually don't drive like an old lady though. I drive my car a lot and I drive similar to you accept I don't break check because it's not too good for the car. I have a Passport 8500 on the windshield (gotta love Florida) but you can't have it on the military bases. I'm generally a really safe driver though... I've only had one speeding ticket back from Thanksgiving weekend 2005. My license is clean and I have no points or anything on it.

If you drive Tampa to Miami on the Alligator Alley stretch of I-75 it's nearly pin straight. It cuts right through The Everglades and sometimes you won't see a car for miles. That's when you can run into trouble and not even realize how fast you're going.

If I drive somewhere I have never been before, I drive slowly and follow (almost) every speed limit.

Close to my hometown though, I know all kinds of shortcuts and backroads. You probably know what that means :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It can be serviced anywhere, that's correct. A lot of the tuner parts that the Big 3 use are extremely similar to FRPP (Ford Racing) and thus, all Ford-certified technicians will be able to work on it.

At least I've never had a problem... pretty small sample size though considering it's only been to two dealerships in its young life (lots of miles, though!)

Ayemagyene, I had a woman just like her in the pharmacy yesterday...

Ugh tell me about it. I put 30,000 miles on my car in 10 months. Luckily these engines are supposed to handle high mileage but we'll see. I hope to trade it in when I graduate pharmacy school for a newer version (assuming I get in to pharmacy school, ever). :laugh:

I'm 22. I met a girl at a party last night who said she felt really old for being 23 :laugh: She's probably the oldest person in her class in college. I told her that she looks like she's 20.

NOO you're supposed to tell her she looks 18!!! I always tell people I feel old turning 23, but I remember how I HATED turning 20. I wanted to be a teenager forever. LOL
 
Ugh tell me about it. I put 30,000 miles on my car in 10 months. Luckily these engines are supposed to handle high mileage but we'll see. I hope to trade it in when I graduate pharmacy school for a newer version (assuming I get in to pharmacy school, ever). :laugh:

Well with proper maintenance, I think the transmission and other components will give out long before the engine.

Hopefully we'll all be able to trade up in a few years. 🙂
 
NOO you're supposed to tell her she looks 18!!! I always tell people I feel old turning 23, but I remember how I HATED turning 20. I wanted to be a teenager forever. LOL

I was thinking about it at the time, but it might sound kinda creepy.

I kinda feel old sometimes when I see college students in town or at my undergrad when I'm visiting friends and talking to them.
 
Touchdown Saints! Whooooooooooo


And my car isn't as cool as Sci's car 🙁

Very few people's are! Doc's might be... doesn't he have some kind of one-off WRX or something?

Dumb soldiers with far too much money (not to mention the "OMG I LIVED THROUGH IRAQ" complex we all have) buy some bad ass cars. One guy in my unit bought a brand spanking new Audi RS-8. Now that's some serious cash.
 
Very few people's are! Doc's might be... doesn't he have some kind of one-off WRX or something?

Dumb soldiers with far too much money (not to mention the "OMG I LIVED THROUGH IRAQ" complex we all have) buy some bad ass cars. One guy in my unit bought a brand spanking new Audi RS-8. Now that's some serious cash.

I just have an '01 Monte Pace Car Edition I bought in early '04. I need a fancier car lol

dscn1825a.jpg
 
I just have an '01 Monte Pace Car Edition I bought in early '04. I need a fancier car lol

dscn1825a.jpg

Dang. I want one of those :laugh:

Do you ever notice how they don't make nice designs for regular 4-cylinder cars? The types of cars that everyone else drives tend to have dull and boring designs.
 
Hey, my car is a 3.8L V6 lol

edit: you don't even wanna know what I paid for it. it was practically a steal

Did you pay cash? That's what one pharmacist talked to us about some time last semester. He recommended driving a car until it "blows up" and then buying a new one, but paying cash for it.
 
Did you pay cash? That's what one pharmacist talked to us about some time last semester. He recommended driving a car until it "blows up" and then buying a new one, but paying cash for it.

Not quite. I was bored at work one Saturday and was browsing AutoTrader. I saw it listed with 35k for $11,500.

Looked at it some more trying to see if there was something wrong with it (the blue book value of it at that time was around $28,000), so I called her after work on a whim. She said she had rental lands and someone had back pay and that's how they paid for it. Then she said it was just some funny looking Chevy that wasn't worth much, so she was just trying to get rid of it.

On Monday I went got a loan for $11,500 and went to where the car was. Talked her down to $10,000, had her write me a check for $1,500 and the car was mine.

I f'n robbed that little old lady lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not quite. I was bored at work one Saturday and was browsing AutoTrader. I saw it listed with 35k for $11,500.

Looked at it some more trying to see if there was something wrong with it (the blue book value of it at that time was around $28,000), so I called her after work on a whim. She said she had rental lands and someone had back pay and that's how they paid for it. Then she said it was just some funny looking Chevy that wasn't worth much, so she was just trying to get rid of it.

On Monday I went got a loan for $11,500 and went to where the car was. Talked her down to $10,000, had her write me a check for $1,500 and the car was mine.

I f'n robbed that little old lady lol
here's your ticket to hell...
42658940_f5c9bc0d93.jpg
 
Not quite. I was bored at work one Saturday and was browsing AutoTrader. I saw it listed with 35k for $11,500.

Looked at it some more trying to see if there was something wrong with it (the blue book value of it at that time was around $28,000), so I called her after work on a whim. She said she had rental lands and someone had back pay and that's how they paid for it. Then she said it was just some funny looking Chevy that wasn't worth much, so she was just trying to get rid of it.

On Monday I went got a loan for $11,500 and went to where the car was. Talked her down to $10,000, had her write me a check for $1,500 and the car was mine.

I f'n robbed that little old lady lol

That's some good persuasion there :laugh:

I once read a funny story related to what you said (dunno if it's actually true):

A man and a woman were getting a divorce, and the guy drove a Porsche. The guy had already left the house after the divorce, but left his car behind. He told his ex-wife to sell the car and then to give him the money. She had been mad at him since before the divorce, so she listed the car for $50 (fifty dollars). She then got a call from some buyer who read it in the newspaper and he asked her if it was a typo, and she said that it wasn't. The car was really listed for $50. She sold the Porsche for $50 and then her ex-husband only got $50 for his car. :laugh:
 
That's some good persuasion there :laugh:

I once read a funny story related to what you said (dunno if it's actually true):

A man and a woman were getting a divorce, and the guy drove a Porsche. The guy had already left the house after the divorce, but left his car behind. He told his ex-wife to sell the car and then to give him the money. She got mad at him, so she listed the car for $50 (fifty dollars). She then gets a call from some buyer who read it in the newspaper and he asked her if it was a typo, and she said that it wasn't. The car was really listed for $50. She sold the Porsche for $50 and then her ex-husband only got $50 for his car. :laugh:
.......OMG YOU READ The Woman's Book of Revenge: Tips on Getting Even When 'Mr. Right' Turns Out to Be All Wrong

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
 
That's my method.

But I don't drive cool cars, I have a civic.

I'd take a 1998 Honda Civic over my 1998 Dodge Neon. Right now the Neon has a dead battery and the radiator fan and thermometer needs to be replaced. That means I've been driving the family 1999 Chevrolet Suburban. </3 This gas guzzler.

So yeah, I'd disagree. The Honda Civic is a "cool" car compared to the Dodge Neon aka death trap.
 
Thermostat 😱
Thermometer or both the thermometer and thermostat. Reason being is that my car engine overheats so that's the radiator AND maybe the thermometer. And then the thermostat (whoops, forgot about you) because the in-dash thermostat is broken. It doesn't move at all no matter how hot or cold the engine is when turned on.

:< I need to find a used Subaru Forester than can hold me over until I want to stomach monthly payments on a 2010 (or 2011) Subaru Forester. 1998 Dodge Neon + Winter Tires = might as well be driving on ice.

Edit: I should mention all of the information I have about my car and how to fix it is from asking from Dodge Neon forums; I'm NO car mechanic. :< I have to go and take it in for a full diagnostic one of these days when I feel like it.
 
Thermometer or both the thermometer and thermostat. Reason being is that my car engine overheats so that's the radiator AND maybe the thermometer. And then the thermostat (whoops, forgot about you) because the in-dash thermostat is broken. It doesn't move at all no matter how hot or cold the engine is when turned on.

:< I need to find a used Subaru Forester than can hold me over until I want to stomach monthly payments on a 2010 (or 2011) Subaru Forester. 1998 Dodge Neon + Winter Tires = might as well be driving on ice.

Edit: I should mention all of the information I have about my car and how to fix it is from asking from Dodge Neon forums; I'm NO car mechanic. :< I have to go and take it in for a full diagnostic one of these days when I feel like it.

OK, so the interior metering device is called the temperature gage (And yes it is spelled gage, not gauge... car people...) and the thing that regulates water flow to and from your block and radiator is the thermostat. The thermostat opens at a pre-set temperature, which is usually 180 to 205 degrees (Mostly 180 or 193 though) and thus begins the circulation of cooling fluid from the radiator to the block and through the cylinder head(s). On electric fans, usually the fan clutch has a little "doohickey" that extends into the basin where the thermostat sits at the water pump, and when the liquid is released into the block, the fan is told "Go on", and when it's no longer needed, it turns off, and rinse/repeat.

Anyone who uses the term thermometer in a car needs to read a Chilton's manual 🙄
 
OK, so the interior metering device is called the temperature gage (And yes it is spelled gage, not gauge... car people...) and the thing that regulates water flow to and from your block and radiator is the thermostat. The thermostat opens at a pre-set temperature, which is usually 180 to 205 degrees (Mostly 180 or 193 though) and thus begins the circulation of cooling fluid from the radiator to the block and through the cylinder head(s). On electric fans, usually the fan clutch has a little "doohickey" that extends into the basin where the thermostat sits at the water pump, and when the liquid is released into the block, the fan is told "Go on", and when it's no longer needed, it turns off, and rinse/repeat.

Anyone who uses the term thermometer in a car needs to read a Chilton's manual 🙄

😳 I always get thermometer and thermostat mixed up. But then I remember after I'm about to look it up. :scared:

I was told I need to connect a live car batter to my radiator fan to figure out of it needs to be replaced (most likely from my past experiences with my car's radiator fan). And the "temperature gage" needs to be replaced. I guess the thermostat is okay if it told my radiator fan to "go on" though. :O I REALLY DISLIKE AMERICAN CARS!

Why couldn't my cousins just have given me a Subaru or Toyota =\? 🙁
 
I've never heard of either one :laugh:

Even if I did have them, it would be because of that girl next door who used to come over to my house.
care to explain the italicized statement more.... i'm all ears. what'd she do at your house????????????????????
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
care to explain the italicized statement more.... i'm all ears. what'd she do at your house????????????????????

:laugh: We were just hanging out. 😀

Sometimes in my room. It was back when I was in high school. Oh, I know that doesn't make it sound any better lol. But we were kinda close. And I missed her when she moved away. Now I don't even remember what she looks like.
 
:laugh: We were just hanging out. 😀

Sometimes in my room. It was back when I was in high school. Oh, I know that doesn't make it sound any better lol. But we were kinda close. And I missed her when she moved away. Now I don't even remember what she looks like.
"Hanging out" is Arkansas for "doing inappropriate things". :idea:
 
:laugh: We were just hanging out. 😀

Sometimes in my room. It was back when I was in high school. Oh, I know that doesn't make it sound any better lol. But we were kinda close. And I missed her when she moved away. Now I don't even remember what she looks like.
OH REALLY? You wish you had a picture of her now... don't you...when you'rew alone in your bed ...


 
"Hanging out" is Arkansas for "doing inappropriate things". :idea:
😆
OH REALLY? You wish you had a picture of her now... don't you...when you'rew alone in your bed ...

Were you guys related????

No we were not related. I wish I knew her last name so I could try to look her up on FB. I know one girl who used to know her back then, but I don't think that girl remembers her or even her last name.