Other OT-Related Information OT Personal Statment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ksy1993

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be applying to OT schools for the first time and I'm having a hard time with my personal statement.. I'd want someone other than family/friends/colleagues to take a look at what I have so far. Any help will be appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I am a practicing OT and author of the Gotta Be OT blog. I'm actually considering starting a side business of reviewing OT student applications/personal statements and I'm currently looking for people who are willing to allow me to review their materials FOR FREE in exchange for reviews/feedback on their experience and eventual outcomes as I build a client base.

If you are open to it, I would be happy to review your materials and give you some feedback and suggestions FOR FREE. I will not share your materials or information with anyone, and I only ask for honest feedback and follow-up in return. If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected] for more information about my background in writing/editing, my credentials and qualifications, and my experience and I'd be happy to talk with you. Either way, good luck finding a trustworthy editor and with the application process!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello! I am a practicing OT and author of the Gotta Be OT blog. I'm actually considering starting a side business of reviewing OT student applications/personal statements and I'm currently looking for people who are willing to allow me to review their materials FOR FREE in exchange for reviews/feedback on their experience and eventual outcomes as I build a client base.

If you are open to it, I would be happy to review your materials and give you some feedback and suggestions FOR FREE. I will not share your materials or information with anyone, and I only ask for honest feedback and follow-up in return. If you are interested, you can email me at [email protected] for more information about my background in writing/editing, my credentials and qualifications, and my experience and I'd be happy to talk with you. Either way, good luck finding a trustworthy editor and with the application process!

Is there any chance I can email you mine as well, so I can get some feedback too? I just have no idea what would necessarily make the personal statement stand out and feedback on if I'm on the right track or not would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)

Would you consider reading mine as well? You are so wonderful to offer this! :) I will email you an inquiry.

Thank you so much for your help! I just emailed you my file! Thank you once again!

I am applying for the first as well and I am very nervous about my personal statement. I have a couple people looking it over but I feel that your input would be invaluable. May I please send you mine as well?

Hey I am applying for OT for next year fall 2021, can I email my PS to review. I am so afraid to submit because what I heard is that PS is tool that can sell my application so I just want honest feedback. Currently, I am working as COTA at SNF n licensee for 4 years. Please do let me know
Thank you in advance!