-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
OT: Pre-vet Gamers
Started by kanderson615
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just got this game called Don't Starve (I got it for free since my bf got an extra copy) and it's a really fun way to procrastinate finals. Also I am apparently really amusing in my commentary. I hatched a smallbird, and it was so cute! Then I died, again. 😎
went to use my Wii for the first time in 1/2 year and it is broken. 🙁
can't read dvds. I already had it fixed once. Not sure it is worth fixing again.
I've heard of this happening to several people. They haven't used the Wii in a while and it just randomly is dead next time they try to fire it up. That sucks 🙁
How much would it cost to fix, you think? A new Wii only costs like $130 now so yeah, that one might be garbage.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard of this happening to several people. They haven't used the Wii in a while and it just randomly is dead next time they try to fire it up. That sucks 🙁
How much would it cost to fix, you think? A new Wii only costs like $130 now so yeah, that one might be garbage.
I think $80. So yeah.. not really worth it.
I think $80. So yeah.. not really worth it.
Agreed. An excuse to try out the new Wii U, perhaps? 😛
Agreed. An excuse to try out the new Wii U, perhaps? 😛
😕
Know nothing.
It doesn't seem all that interesting to me... but maybe it loses something in the translation.
It doesn't seem all that interesting to me... but maybe it loses something in the translation.
Yeah. Looks like it could be a big hit or a big miss. For the moment wouldn't consider buying one, but I'd like to try it out though.
I just beat Bioshock. Also, the last time I played it before today was a year ago. 

I just beat Bioshock. Also, the last time I played it before today was a year ago.![]()
Now onto number 2 😛
Bioshock was great. The second one isn't quite as good, but still worth playing.
Now onto number 2 😛
Bioshock was great. The second one isn't quite as good, but still worth playing.
That's what I've heard. I'm looking forward to little sister vision, though. 😀 Too bad I don't have the second one yet...oh well, not like I ever don't have more games than time to play them. Also, Steam Sale is going on. So I'm good!
Hello! I am here to announce my return to gaming. It's been on the back burner since I started vet school. But my far too amazing parents bought me a PS3 Assassin's Creed III bundle for Christmas, so I'm back! I'm also drooling over DmC: Devil May Cry, coming out in January which looks stunning.
That's what I've heard. I'm looking forward to little sister vision, though. 😀 Too bad I don't have the second one yet...oh well, not like I ever don't have more games than time to play them. Also, Steam Sale is going on. So I'm good!
👍
We just finished beating most of L4D on Expert (the four main campaigns). Still my favorite game I got off Steam. L4D2 is interesting, but gawd, I dunno if we can beat all of it on Expert with the damn bots. They are AWFUL.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
👍
We just finished beating most of L4D on Expert (the four main campaigns). Still my favorite game I got off Steam. L4D2 is interesting, but gawd, I dunno if we can beat all of it on Expert with the damn bots. They are AWFUL.
Have fun with that. Those bots have two modes. Stand there and look stupid and do nothing. Or go full rambo and unload on everything...but miss completely. Their next favorite pastime is wasting all healing items.
Have fun with that. Those bots have two modes. Stand there and look stupid and do nothing. Or go full rambo and unload on everything...but miss completely. Their next favorite pastime is wasting all healing items.
Also startling witches. Francis, EVERY TIME, Francis!
We often purposefully incap them during finales or large incoming so all the infected go straight to them. Fodder, all they're good for :/
Also startling witches. Francis, EVERY TIME, Francis!
We often purposefully incap them during finales or large incoming so all the infected go straight to them. Fodder, all they're good for :/
Ugh, and it doesn't matter what you do. If you run past a witch, they slowly creep towards it. If you hang back, they slowly creep towards it. Until, it inevitably gets startled and kills someone.
Might as well make em bait. They're idiots and won't start shooting at that approaching hoard until the zombies are pretty much eating your face anyway.
I really don't have any issues with the L4D games, except the AI. It's beyond useless, it's a handicap. They can be a lot of fun, you just need to play with other people.
Also startling witches. Francis, EVERY TIME, Francis!
We often purposefully incap them during finales or large incoming so all the infected go straight to them. Fodder, all they're good for :/
you're really making me miss the game. But the xbox is packed currently and the TV is not up in the new house.
I'd forgotten how much fun our Wii is! I've been playing a bunch of dancing games and Kirby's Epic Yarn with my sister. 😀
league of legends! 🙂
I played Minecraft for a bit for the first time since vet school started... apparently they have added a LOT of things in the last couple months, yikes.
Boyfriend also got a Wii U for xmas, not really sure what to think of it honestly.
Boyfriend also got a Wii U for xmas, not really sure what to think of it honestly.
Boyfriend also got a Wii U for xmas, not really sure what to think of it honestly.
I've been curious to try one of those to see how it is.
I'm hooked on a new RPG, I got. I ended up with 2 copies of Skyrim, so I traded one for a copy of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's pretty fun.
I'll definitely admit I am a pretty big gamer!! I have a few consoles including my PS3, Wii, and SNES. I also have a 3DS and DS.
Right now, my favorite game is the Mass Effect series... I am in love with that. I also just got Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Loving it!! I have always been a Nintendo fan (if you couldn't tell) and Zelda has always been a huge passion of mine. I also have two tattoos dedicated to my favorite games. One is the hylian crest/triforce from Zelda and the other is Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect I actually just got finished on Saturday.
Anyway, I am mostly a fan of RPGs... I love the Dragon Quest series on the DS!! I also like adventure games. Just seeing who else is like me.
Right now, my favorite game is the Mass Effect series... I am in love with that. I also just got Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Loving it!! I have always been a Nintendo fan (if you couldn't tell) and Zelda has always been a huge passion of mine. I also have two tattoos dedicated to my favorite games. One is the hylian crest/triforce from Zelda and the other is Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect I actually just got finished on Saturday.
Anyway, I am mostly a fan of RPGs... I love the Dragon Quest series on the DS!! I also like adventure games. Just seeing who else is like me.
My brother got me Mass Effect and ME2 for my birthday/X-mas. Looks awesome, but I've barely had a chance to play. It wouldn't be a big deal, except that he bought them through Steam, so he can *tell* that I've barely played. So now I feel guilty for not using the gift and also guilty for all the work I put off when I do play. It's weird being me! 

4
485501
Summer Steam sale is here!
My brother got me Mass Effect and ME2 for my birthday/X-mas. Looks awesome, but I've barely had a chance to play. It wouldn't be a big deal, except that he bought them through Steam, so he can *tell* that I've barely played. So now I feel guilty for not using the gift and also guilty for all the work I put off when I do play. It's weird being me!![]()
Mass Effect 👍
I'm attempting a play-through of all 3 games before I leave to move at the end of the month. Finished ME on veteran mode (since I've only ever played this one once before) and now I'm over halfway done with ME2 on hardcore mode. Woot!! Then onto ME3. Eventually, I want to beat them all on insanity (that is a little insane...)
My boyfriend got me gaming with Borderlands 2 🙂 I love it! We finished Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep the other week. We are working on he slaughter dome and raid bosses now.
Summer Steam sale is here!
So far I've bought Borderlands 2, Scribblenauts, Saints Row 3, and GTA 4. That's half of my planned budget in just the first 2 days >.<
Now when will I find time to actually play these?
So far I've bought Borderlands 2, Scribblenauts, Saints Row 3, and GTA 4. That's half of my planned budget in just the first 2 days >.<
Now when will I find time to actually play these?
That's always the problem after steam has sales
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[/B]
That's always the problem after steam has sales
👍 Exactly.
Has anyone made it through Bioshock Infinite yet? I'm on my second playthrough on hard level now, I'm kind of obsessed. (Sorry if I missed talk of this, I admittedly haven't read every post)
I considered buying Black Ops II during the sale but didn't. If it were ten bucks cheaper I would have. Though I did pick up a copy if CS:GO so I can stop borrowing it on my brother's account 😛
I considered buying Black Ops II during the sale but didn't. If it were ten bucks cheaper I would have. Though I did pick up a copy if CS:GO so I can stop borrowing it on my brother's account 😛
4
485501
So I don't actually game, but I enjoy watching the bf play. He's on his second playthough of Bioshock Infinte too! But he did his first playthough on hard and now he's doing medium or normal or whatever it's called to get 100% completion (his first play-though was just for the game and the story, he wasn't paying attention to achievements, but now...)
He also got a game on the Steam sale called Don't Starve, which we're sort of playing together as there's a decent amount of strategy involved. It's a pretty hard-core survival game with a sense of humor, I recommend it for anyone who likes that sort of thing!
He also got a game on the Steam sale called Don't Starve, which we're sort of playing together as there's a decent amount of strategy involved. It's a pretty hard-core survival game with a sense of humor, I recommend it for anyone who likes that sort of thing!
So I don't actually game, but I enjoy watching the bf play. He's on his second playthough of Bioshock Infinte too! But he did his first playthough on hard and now he's doing medium or normal or whatever it's called to get 100% completion (his first play-though was just for the game and the story, he wasn't paying attention to achievements, but now...)
He also got a game on the Steam sale called Don't Starve, which we're sort of playing together as there's a decent amount of strategy involved. It's a pretty hard-core survival game with a sense of humor, I recommend it for anyone who likes that sort of thing!
Don't Starve is great, although I'm not very good at it. I survived nearly 20 days once. Unfortunately, my laptop's graphics card doesn't support Bioshock Infinite, so it's unplayable. I'm hoping once we get the desktop set up here (we just moved) it will work on that; otherwise I can't play it until I get a new computer, whenever that is. 🙁
i'm playing through fallout nv ultimate right now...
L4D2 is on a great sale... ($5, or 4 pack for $15...)... I'd need to get 2 copies if me and the misses want to play (although she loves zombies, is also terrified by them so might not want to play) but i may have 2 copies to "trade" if someone wants to swap to get a copy of L4D2 and if anyone has another game (I know its not a great swap, but i'd be interested in Borderlands 2 😀 or other interesting offers 😛)
L4D2 is on a great sale... ($5, or 4 pack for $15...)... I'd need to get 2 copies if me and the misses want to play (although she loves zombies, is also terrified by them so might not want to play) but i may have 2 copies to "trade" if someone wants to swap to get a copy of L4D2 and if anyone has another game (I know its not a great swap, but i'd be interested in Borderlands 2 😀 or other interesting offers 😛)
It's so hard not to buy games when they're only like $3. Bought Castle Crashers on Steam. Tempted to try out Amnesia and a couple others. Got Assassins Creed II and Fable III for free from xbox live on my 360. Fun times.
It's so hard not to buy games when they're only like $3. Bought Castle Crashers on Steam. Tempted to try out Amnesia and a couple others. Got Assassins Creed II and Fable III for free from xbox live on my 360. Fun times.
I know... i bought Dishonored... i really didn't even know what dishonored was, but its $10 and seems cool after reading about it, so why the feck not 😛
I know... i bought Dishonored... i really didn't even know what dishonored was, but its $10 and seems cool after reading about it, so why the feck not 😛
Exactly haha. I'm tempted to get L4D2 also. It's pretty fun.
I've never gamed much on PC really (usually use console) so I normally am not too bothered by the limits, but options are a lot less on a mac.
Exactly haha. I'm tempted to get L4D2 also. It's pretty fun.
I've never gamed much on PC really (usually use console) so I normally am not too bothered by the limits, but options are a lot less on a mac.
i have 2 extra copies of L4D2 (i bought a 4 pack and only need 2)... if you want one, i can hook you up
i have 2 extra copies of L4D2 (i bought a 4 pack and only need 2)... if you want one, i can hook you up
Totally! That would be sweet! I'd offer a trade but I don't think I have much worth trading
My steam library is quite smallTotally! That would be sweet! I'd offer a trade but I don't think I have much worth tradingMy steam library is quite small
Hit me up on pm and I'll send a copy over
E
Escalla
Bumping this thread because I'm just heading out the door to the Legend of Zelda symphony performance.
And I had the fortune of inheriting the Intellivision from my dad (I don't know how I managed that...). Freaking awesome!
And I had the fortune of inheriting the Intellivision from my dad (I don't know how I managed that...). Freaking awesome!
Bumping this thread because I'm just heading out the door to the Legend of Zelda symphony performance.
And I had the fortune of inheriting the Intellivision from my dad (I don't know how I managed that...). Freaking awesome!
I hope you had a GREAT time! I LOVED that concert!!
Today, Pokemon X and Y come out! Going to go get my copy in a few hours!!!!! Whoo!!!
Today, Pokemon X and Y come out! Going to go get my copy in a few hours!!!!! Whoo!!!
I'm hoping to get a copy for Christmas since I have neither the money to buy the game and a 3DS OR the time to play right now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm hoping to get a copy for Christmas since I have neither the money to buy the game and a 3DS OR the time to play right now.
I totally don't have time (or money) to play now, either, but I'm definitely grabbing a copy anyway 😛 I guess a little treat for myself for almost finishing up midterms.
Getting ready to do the Borderlands 2 ultimate Loot Hunt 🙂
Completely free Saturday...decided to feel some nostalgia, so I just downloaded RollorCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum off of Steam. Ready to build some epic rides...
You getting X or Y? I'm planning on X when I can get it.
Let me just pop in to say... Pokemon X is simply amazing. It is the pokemon game we have all been waiting for. They definitely worked to make this one superior, I love it! Only about 3 hours in (since now I have to study) but I can't wait to dive back in.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K