OT: Pre-vet Gamers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
While I'm procrastinating for my physics II final... has anyone seen this bad boy yesterday? :

I'm started play Pokemon during generation 3 and as such have an attachment for the original Ruby and Saphhire games, so I'm quite stoked for these to come out in November! 😀
 
Last edited:
Well, time for me to shine! (or burn warmly, whatever)
I'm a big fan of consoles, as I own both a ps1 and ps2, and will be aiming for a ps4 in the near future.
Also a MOBA player on PC and a few rpgs

My favs are Kingdom Hearts, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, various Final Fantasies, Mirrors Edge, old school KOTOR, and Pokémon.
Oh! And League of Legends anyone?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I, for one, am anxiously awaiting Mario Kart for Wii U. So many tournaments are in my future. Just a few more weeks!
 
I was fully expecting to spend a huge chunk of my summer gaming, but since I got a job (that I love) I barely have the energy to turn on my xbox or my computer when I get home... Which sucks because I so badly want to get better at Titanfall...Or play one of my 90 or so Steam games. Btw, if anyone wants to be friends on Steam, I'm all about it 😀
 
Well, time for me to shine! (or burn warmly, whatever)
I'm a big fan of consoles, as I own both a ps1 and ps2, and will be aiming for a ps4 in the near future.
Also a MOBA player on PC and a few rpgs

My favs are Kingdom Hearts, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, various Final Fantasies, Mirrors Edge, old school KOTOR, and Pokémon.
Oh! And League of Legends anyone?
KOTOR were spectacular...
 
I was fully expecting to spend a huge chunk of my summer gaming, but since I got a job (that I love) I barely have the energy to turn on my xbox or my computer when I get home... Which sucks because I so badly want to get better at Titanfall...Or play one of my 90 or so Steam games. Btw, if anyone wants to be friends on Steam, I'm all about it 😀
Civ 5? 😀
 
KOTOR was seriously my first game on the original Xbox; two years ago I got KOTOR I and II through Steam Winter sale =D
I actually played KOTOR2 first IIRC, which was fine because there wasn't too much required from the first game to understand the second game...

played them (and most any other game i've played) on the computer...great fun
 
I actually played KOTOR2 first IIRC, which was fine because there wasn't too much required from the first game to understand the second game...

played them (and most any other game i've played) on the computer...great fun

Hand's down my favorite RPG. It's the only game I ever do all of the sidequests.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeeeeessss please giant Civ V game! That would be awesome!

The only other game I've played from that bundle is Pirates, which is really fun but does get a little repetitive after a while. Now that I'm summer break I'll have to give the others a try.
 
Yeeeeessss please giant Civ V game! That would be awesome!

The only other game I've played from that bundle is Pirates, which is really fun but does get a little repetitive after a while. Now that I'm summer break I'll have to give the others a try.
I played Pirates too, but I agree. I stopped playing after a while because it was just the same thing over and over. Still fun for a few hours though 🙂
 
I guess that would involve figuring out what day/time would work best for everyone.

Also we have a Steam group for those who haven't found their way to it yet. It's called Student Doctor Network Gamers.
 
Just finished the first three in the Sly Cooper saga and now I'm really wishing I owned a PSVita =(
 
Trying a solo Halo 4 run on heroic. Neither I nor my boyfriend are great at Halo so when we played co-op we did normal, and my previous solo run was on normal... I'm cool with dying a lot because I'm used to it, but it's probably going to take me forever to get through the game.
 
I play mostly on my PC, my uncle built me one last Christmas and while I have a PS3 I never looked back... the ability to mod games is amazing. I mostly waste time on Skyrim and the Fallout series and occasionally some Sims. I also love Pokémon (HOENN CONFIRMED!) - if anyone wants to trade 3DS friend codes and battle on X/Y hit me up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Trying a solo Halo 4 run on heroic. Neither I nor my boyfriend are great at Halo so when we played co-op we did normal, and my previous solo run was on normal... I'm cool with dying a lot because I'm used to it, but it's probably going to take me forever to get through the game.

I miss Halo. My roomie has an Xbox so I've contemplated just buying the games and then figuring out what to do afterwards.
 
I hate that, it happened to me with BioShock Infinite. Thankfully I just had to wait until I was home for summer break and could play on the newer computer at home.
For bioshock all the menus are black so I can't see what I'm choosing. With transistor it just won't start because "windows encountered a problem." I might be getting a friend's old gaming laptop for cheap soon, though, so I can finally play! 🙂
 
For bioshock all the menus are black so I can't see what I'm choosing. With transistor it just won't start because "windows encountered a problem." I might be getting a friend's old gaming laptop for cheap soon, though, so I can finally play! 🙂
That's exactly what happened to me. I think the problem ended up being that my CPU wasn't good enough.
I would love to have an actual gaming laptop. My new laptop is a lot better than my old one, but it still isn't great.
 
It's that time of year again!
steamsale.jpg
 
I also picked up Witcher and Witcher 2. I'm now eyeballing Assassin's Creed 3 and a few others. Come on Daily Deals, come on!
 
I got Skyrim for $5 yesterday! And a friend from college is selling me his old laptop for pretty cheap, which is better than mine and can actually run games I've had for a while but haven't been able to play *cough*BioshockInfinite*cough*
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll admit, I'm not too active on steam lately, two jobs/two classes get in the way of any non-WW fun
 
I finally got Transistor to work (and, um, played for a few hours last night that I probably should have spent studying...) and I am in love with it! I really want to draw Red, too. I like her design.