General Admissions & OTCAS OT program Davenport University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ot davenport university

• ot

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • ot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marimar23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, has anyone heard from DU? I emailed the OT director and they told me that letter will be send during this month, the waiting is so stressful.

volunteer hours: 160 in two different settings

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied, but I haven't heard anything yet either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the admissions office in March, and they said they will be sending out letters mid April.

I voted for ot obviously.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone, has anyone heard from DU? I emailed the OT director and they told me that letter will be send during this month, the waiting is so stressful.

I live in NY my undergraduate GPA : 3.30
Prerequisites GPA: 3.45
volunteer hours: 160 in two different settings

I am a student at DUs MSOT program. I know they have been incredibly busy getting us all our fieldwork assignments, and that just got completed. So you will probably be hearing something soon! Last year, I remember them saying that the letters would be sent out end of April, but I think I actually got the acceptance letter middle of May.

Reactions: 1 user
I contacted the admission office, they said we should hear back mid April or early May.

I contacted the admission office, they said we should hear back mid April or early May.
Well I guess, we have to be patient and wait any response. Do you know if they have interviews?

I am a student at DUs MSOT program. I know they have been incredibly busy getting us all our fieldwork assignments, and that just got completed. So you will probably be hearing something soon! Last year, I remember them saying that the letters would be sent out end of April, but I think I actually got the acceptance letter middle of May.
Thank you for the info. I hope we get contacted soon about any response

I haven't been accepted yet, but if you don't mind how do you like the program so far? Pros and cons would be helpful!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance e-mail this morning, however I will be attending the University of Minnesota, so there will be a spot for someone else opening up at Davenport University!

Do you know if they'll be sending it through postal mail or email?
I got an acceptance e-mail this morning, however I will be attending the University of Minnesota, so there will be a spot for someone else opening up at Davenport University!
Congratulations!!! when did you apply? what were your stats please?

Congratulations!!! when did you apply? what were your stats please?

I applied back in January I think (don't quote me on that).
My stats were
GPA (overall): 3.86
Prereq GPA: 3.9
Observation hours: 100 in 3 different settings
GRE: V:151 Q: 150 AW: 3.0 (bad I know!)

I decided University of Minnesota is better fit for me though so someone else will be able to attend Davenport in my spot!

I applied back in January I think (don't quote me on that).
My stats were
GPA (overall): 3.86
Prereq GPA: 3.9
Observation hours: 100 in 3 different settings
GRE: V:151 Q: 150 AW: 3.0 (bad I know!)

I decided University of Minnesota is better fit for me though so someone else will be able to attend Davenport in my spot!

Congratulations, and great stats :) Did you immediately inform DU that you are not going to attend?

I haven't been accepted yet, but if you don't mind how do you like the program so far? Pros and cons would be helpful!

I really like the program. Its not as busy as I was expecting it to be, but that is probably a pro more than a con. We all have a part time job which says a lot about the amount of free time we have. Its nice to be able to work while in the program. The head of the department is phenomenal. She teaches a few of our classes - I wish she was able to teach more because shes an excellent teacher! For your first year, you have classes in the afternoon starting at 12. Our first semester, the longest we had class was until 4. This semester we have fridays off and so classes last until 5 M-TH for the most pat. Im not sure if you can expect that same schedule next year though because things always change in a developing program. We should be finding out this summer if we get accredited, but we dont have any worries about it. All of our site visits from AOTA have gone very well and we don't have an concern about getting accredited. I do like that the cost of attendance is lower compared to other schools - I feel like that is a a very important piece of any program that you need to heavily consider. Its hard to compare it though because I don't know how other programs operate and their amount of work/classes. Its in a nice area though - the city is easily accessible, but also theres farm land around so whatever you prefer, you can find (I prefer country, so my apartment is off a back road but only about 7 minutes from campus). Then there is a nice commercial area about 10-15 minutes from the campus that has everything you could possibly need (28th st). Overall, I'm happy with the program. There are always things I feel like that could be improved, but its developing. Im sure any student in any program has critiques as well. The professors do really care about your success and that you are the best clinician you can be. I love that about them.

Reactions: 2 users
I really like the program. Its not as busy as I was expecting it to be, but that is probably a pro more than a con. We all have a part time job which says a lot about the amount of free time we have. Its nice to be able to work while in the program. The head of the department is phenomenal. She teaches a few of our classes - I wish she was able to teach more because shes an excellent teacher! For your first year, you have classes in the afternoon starting at 12. Our first semester, the longest we had class was until 4. This semester we have fridays off and so classes last until 5 M-TH for the most pat. Im not sure if you can expect that same schedule next year though because things always change in a developing program. We should be finding out this summer if we get accredited, but we dont have any worries about it. All of our site visits from AOTA have gone very well and we don't have an concern about getting accredited. I do like that the cost of attendance is lower compared to other schools - I feel like that is a a very important piece of any program that you need to heavily consider. Its hard to compare it though because I don't know how other programs operate and their amount of work/classes. Its in a nice area though - the city is easily accessible, but also theres farm land around so whatever you prefer, you can find (I prefer country, so my apartment is off a back road but only about 7 minutes from campus). Then there is a nice commercial area about 10-15 minutes from the campus that has everything you could possibly need (28th st). Overall, I'm happy with the program. There are always things I feel like that could be improved, but its developing. Im sure any student in any program has critiques as well. The professors do really care about your success and that you are the best clinician you can be. I love that about them.

Thank you very much. I will contact you if I do get accepted!

Thank you, the information is very helpful

I haven't received any email yet from DU. I guess they are still sending acceptances and rejections emails.

If anyone is waiting to hear back from Davenport, you should check your spam folder!!! I was accepted on 4/13, but never saw the email. Just got a call from them asking if I was accepting because tonight is the deadline to accept the offer. I felt so bad for never replying to their email until now, but it was in my spam folder so i didnt see it. Dont want anyone to miss out especially if it is their first choice school!!!
Congratulations, will you be attending to DU?

I really hope Davenport lets us know something this weeek... This waiting game is killing me. I turned in my application way back in November.

I really hope Davenport lets us know something this weeek... This waiting game is killing me. I turned in my application way back in November.
Nothing so far for me either. The wait is stressful

This is absolute torture. I applied back in January, and have been refreshing my email every 5 minutes ever since. Honestly the waiting has been the most stressful part of the entire process.

Sent an email asking about when we would hear. The senior admissions counselor said I would hear something in the next few weeks.

Thank you! No, i declined my acceptance offer. Hopefully this spot will go to any of you who are still waiting! Good luck!
OK I see, Do you mind me asking you for your stats please?
Sent an email asking about when we would hear. The senior admissions counselor said I would hear something in the next few weeks.

Really in the next few weeks? I thought we were going to get an answers in a couple of days. They make us wait for too long..............

And I am pretty sure when they say a couple weeks, we wont find out until May. Because if we were to get those emails in April, they would've replied saying we would hear something by the end of April. Have you guys been accepted to other programs?

I just received my acceptance today, but I plan to deny because I plan to attend bay path university-so there will be another spot open up as well!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

And I am pretty sure when they say a couple weeks, we wont find out until May. Because if we were to get those emails in April, they would've replied saying we would hear something by the end of April. Have you guys been accepted to other programs?
Wait-listed for one. Waiting to hear from two. So keeping my fingers crossed. How about you?

I just received my acceptance today, but I plan to deny because I plan to attend bay path university-so there will be another spot open up as well!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I wonder why some of us were told that we would hear mid may and others have already received their acceptance letters...

I wonder why some of us were told that we would hear mid may and others have already received their acceptance letters...
They don't send any rejection/wait-listed letter because they want to fill their sits first. After they complete their sits they will start sending rejection letters.

I sent an email to the OT program again and they said that they will send letters next month :shifty:

Anybody else get this email? Its seem odd to send this during the application cycle while people are waiting for letters. Bordering on cruel in fact.

Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step toward improving your life by deciding to earn a degree at Davenport University.

We look forward to learning more about your career goals and helping you reach them with our unique approach to adult learning. As a Davenport student, you will enjoy:

• The convenience of taking both online and in-seat classes
  • A real-world, career-focused curriculum
  • Small class sizes with personalized attention
Devin, the next step is to schedule an appointment with one of our admissions representatives. Don’t hesitate, call 866-995-6308 today, and we will help you prepare for our next start date.

Anybody else get this email? Its seem odd to send this during the application cycle while people are waiting for letters. Bordering on cruel in fact.

Congratulations! You’ve taken the first step toward improving your life by deciding to earn a degree at Davenport University.

We look forward to learning more about your career goals and helping you reach them with our unique approach to adult learning. As a Davenport student, you will enjoy:

Devin, the next step is to schedule an appointment with one of our admissions representatives. Don’t hesitate, call 866-995-6308 today, and we will help you prepare for our next start date.

I got the same e-mail. I got so excited til I opened it. So cruel.

I got the same e-mail. I got so excited til I opened it. So cruel.

When did you guys submit your application?

I got the same email

I got the same email, I got excited but at the end it was just a message from the admission office :eyebrow:

This morning I got this email, again from the admission office

Did you know spring can be an ideal time to set new goals and get closer to earning your degree at Davenport University?

From now through Summer term, we’re offering several unique opportunities for you to take advantage of as a student. Act now. Our May 9th class start date is almost here. Call (855) 432-1858. ..................................................................................

Last edited:
I sent an email to the OT program again and they said that they will send letters next month :shifty:

I just got an acceptance email and phone call about a week or two ago! So maybe you guys should be hearing back soon!

I just got an acceptance email and phone call about a week or two ago! So maybe you guys should be hearing back soon!
Congratulations!!!!Are you planning to attend to DU ?

I've received an email from DU, saying that I have been put on the alternate list. I have already been accepted into Findlay's OT program and I will start this summer.
So hopefully if anyone else is put on the list at DU, they are able to move up.

I just got my rejection email today!

I have officially put my $150 deposit now! I am from Minnesota and have never been near Michigan! I don't have time to visit until the semester is over in 2 weeks. I am wondering about rent and if anybody could tell me more about the program, thank you!