OT school?

Started by chancer
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chancer

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why are masters programs for OT so long? 3 years for seems excessive. Besides USC, are there any other programs out there for MOT that take 2 years?

Thx.
 
I'm not sure what state(s) you are looking at, but I am in the midwest, and most of the programs I am finding are two years for MOT. I know that some programs that are three years are because that school also has a bachelor's in OT and the first year of the MOT is getting caught up with the classes that those with a bachelor's in OT have. There aren't many of these programs anymore... hope that helps!
 
After a little searching it seems that most programs are two years (or just over 2 years). I'd say keep looking, and you should be able to find a similar program in your area.