Other OT-Related Information OT vs. PT salary differences

Started by WMUOT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WMUOT

friendlyOT
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been doing some research on BLS and in some states OT's make more and in others PT's make more. These differences can sometimes be up to $12,000 annually.

My question is why is there such a wide gap, if both professions use the same cpt codes (excluding the eval codes) shouldn't the difference be a lot smaller across the board like $2,000 annually? Like OT's and PT's use the same CPT codes for TE, MT, Neuro-re-ed, TA, US, and EMS so all insurances will reimburse the same based on that code right?

Just looking for some insight from managers, supervisors, practice owners, or any therapist with 5+ years experience. I only have 1.5 years experience and I work in outpatient ortho (hand), so I know there are things I still need to learn about reimbursement in the therapy world. Thanks in advanced.
 
Last edited: