OTC Acne Products help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my problem:

"J.C. is asking for help in the cosmetics aisle as you are walking by. He is a teen-aged boy with moderate acne on his face. J.C. is going to the Winter Ball in 3 days, he's afraid his date will be upset by his skin eruptions and he wants to hide them and "make them go away." When you talk to him, he says that he only breaks out before a big date and during finals week. He has not seen a dermatologist, because "it's not that bad most days." What will you recommend for J.C.?

I'm not sure what route to take...tell him to try not to get stressed, drink plenty of water, and clean his face at night. Or...recommend an OTC benzoyl peroxide wash even though his face isn't that bad most days and many patients experience mild erythema and scaling during the first few days (bad with his date being in 3 days). I realize there aren't any OTC meds that can make acne "disappear" within 3 days. I'd hate to tell him to put cover-up on as that could make his acne worse...

Any suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

Here's my problem:

"J.C. is asking for help in the cosmetics aisle as you are walking by. He is a teen-aged boy with moderate acne on his face. J.C. is going to the Winter Ball in 3 days, he's afraid his date will be upset by his skin eruptions and he wants to hide them and "make them go away." When you talk to him, he says that he only breaks out before a big date and during finals week. He has not seen a dermatologist, because "it's not that bad most days." What will you recommend for J.C.?

I'm not sure what route to take...tell him to try not to get stressed, drink plenty of water, and clean his face at night. Or...recommend an OTC benzoyl peroxide wash even though his face isn't that bad most days and many patients experience mild erythema and scaling during the first few days (bad with his date being in 3 days). I realize there aren't any OTC meds that can make acne "disappear" within 3 days. I'd hate to tell him to put cover-up on as that could make his acne worse...

Any suggestions???

ditch the girl and get one that appreciates him, zits or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.