General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS 2023-2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Writing UIC off since I have heard zip... terrible communication or lack of from them. I have called and emailed quite a bit over the past 2 weeks and not a single response back. Why would I want to attend a school that doesn't care about students and has poor communication?

Members don't see this ad :)
Writing UIC off since I have heard zip... terrible communication or lack of from them. I have called and emailed quite a bit over the past 2 weeks and not a single response back. Why would I want to attend a school that doesn't care about students and has poor communication?
Totally agree. Just got an email from them saying we are still deciding on your application basically. I sent an email weeks ago inquiring and let them know it's disappointing considering we have heard from every other program by now. Doing themselves a disservice imo

I had an interview with Nova Southeastern Uni Tampa and Fort Lauderdale... now I am just waiting to see if I got in. Anybody know how long that takes?

Has anyone heard from UIC at all?
UIC sent an email last week that they were still evaluating applicants (ones that were due Dec 1st, so just about 3 months ago and still not get a list out). I have moved on from UIC, they are behind the curve and seem poorly organized. They have missed the cream of the crop students. I have called, and left numerous VM and emails with not a single response back over the past 2 months. Their poor execution of communication and slowness is why I am glad I am no longer considering UIC (USC, BU, or WashU will get my acceptance).

Last edited:
Finally hear from UIC. Will be declining and headed to UNC CHapel Hill! Feel free to message me if you are headed there as well

Has anyone gotten off the TWU waitlist for the Dallas location?

Finally hear from UIC. Will be declining and headed to UNC CHapel Hill! Feel free to message me if you are headed there as well
Did you hear back through email or a letter in the mail? Also, did they even address why it took so long or was it just a congratulatory message?

Did you hear back through email or a letter in the mail? Also, did they even address why it took so long or was it just a congratulatory message?
I got an email, and nope haha. They have remained strict saying their notification deadline is march 15 so they aren't "late"