General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tabsabs

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

In the experiences section in OTCAS, it has a list of different types of experiences: Employment, Extracurricular Activities, Healthcare Experience, Internships and Clinical Experiences, Research, Teaching, Volunteer, Leadership Experience.

If I want to include a leadership experience for one organization, but you were also previously a general member in that same organization, should I make two entries or just one?

And also, does it make a difference if you say that OTCAS can contact a certain organization in the Release Authorization section?

Thanks in advance! I know we're all working on the apps right now so best of luck to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

In the experiences section in OTCAS, it has a list of different types of experiences: Employment, Extracurricular Activities, Healthcare Experience, Internships and Clinical Experiences, Research, Teaching, Volunteer, Leadership Experience.

If I want to include a leadership experience for one organization, but you were also previously a general member in that same organization, should I make two entries or just one?

And also, does it make a difference if you say that OTCAS can contact a certain organization in the Release Authorization section?

Thanks in advance! I know we're all working on the apps right now so best of luck to everyone :)
Hi all,

You can make it two entries because dutiea were different. I had to do the same thing last year and there was no issue. I don't think it makes any difference by allowing OTCAS to contact them. I always put that they could in case they felt there were discrepancies or concerns to look into.

Hope this helped!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you! I'll edit my application accordingly :)

When do you think most people submit by?

Thank you! I'll edit my application accordingly :)

When do you think most people submit by?

It depends. I know a lot of people last year by mid-September had sent in all their apps. That's just usually the timeline in which all the stuff gets verified through OTCAS. Verification of transcripts and all that takes usually 4-6 weeks during peak times. I sent mine early November because I spent quite some time working on my personal statement. I did notice my transcripts were verified in like a week compared to people that submitted earlier. I didn't know that was going to happen when I applied and it may not be the case for everyone. I suggest you make sure you submit your apps 8 weeks BEFORE your first app is due. That way you don't risk submitting an incomplete application because something didn't get verified on time :)

Reactions: 1 user