General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS GPA with retake courses?

Started by OTtba
Tags Tags
otcas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OTtba

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, everyone! I always wondered how the OTCAS GPA is calculated with retake courses. So, at my university, I retook two courses; first I got C's in them then I got A's. My university does not count the C's into my GPA since I retook the courses. Next to the first attempt of the course on my transcript, there is 0.00 points added and an E for excluded in GPA. When OTCAS calculates my GPA, do they also not include those C's into my GPA since my university didn't?
 
Hey, everyone! I always wondered how the OTCAS GPA is calculated with retake courses. So, at my university, I retook two courses; first I got C's in them then I got A's. My university does not count the C's into my GPA since I retook the courses. Next to the first attempt of the course on my transcript, there is 0.00 points added and an E for excluded in GPA. When OTCAS calculates my GPA, do they also not include those C's into my GPA since my university didn't?
I think OTCAS GPA factors in all courses taken and does not replace a retake. Some schools might allow a repeat, but you might have to send the transcripts individually. These schools might be non-otcas programs.