General Admissions & OTCAS OTCAS Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbs93

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I am in a little bit of a pickle. I originally wasn't planning on applying to any other schools that required the OTCAS application except for one. I uploaded a personal statement that was specific to that one school because all other schools required applications through their own application system. However, now I want to apply to one other school that requires OTCAS just to be safe and I can't edit the personal statement I originally uploaded because my application has already been submitted. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ooh that’s tricky! Perhaps you can contact the new program you are applying to and explain the situation? Maybe they will let you email another file of your updated personal statement and include that in your application file. Just be honest! I’m not sure if there’s anything OTCAS can do about it. I know at some school info sessions I attended the staff talked about how we could reach out to update them with updated experience/hours information up until the deadline (but this might be school specific)

I'm in the same boat. OTadventures has some good advice up there and that's what I did. All programs I've emailed about this issue have been understanding and willing to accept my updated statement. However, they can't guarantee it will be read, just that it will be included in the app. Don't sweat it too much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the advice! I am glad to hear I am not the only one this has happened to. Then again I can't imagine it is a rarity given the amount of people that use OTCAS and the many different requirements of each school. If you don't mind me asking, what programs accepted the updated statement?

Thanks so much for the advice! I am glad to hear I am not the only one this has happened to. Then again I can't imagine it is a rarity given the amount of people that use OTCAS and the many different requirements of each school. If you don't mind me asking, what programs accepted the updated statement?
Rutgers and Baylor! :)