Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I submitted my OTCAS on 9/5/15 and am getting nervous about my verification, as I have a deadline in early October. Does anyone know the speed at which they're currently processing applications?

Jun 23, 2014
Im in the same boat!!! I submitted my application 8/26, the professional transcript entry took so long to verify so my application was placed in line for verification 9/15. It's taking so long and now Im super nervous Im going to miss 2 deadlines.

Jun 23, 2014
I don't think there is. I believe we should be verified next week because its not the peak period, which is typically December-March. What schools did you apply to? Good luck!

OP
R
Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I sure hope so, or else my top school's application won't be valid :(
I applied to IUPUI, Indiana State University, Rush U, Midwestern U, TWU, and UTMB. What about you? & Good luck to you, too!

Jun 23, 2014
I applied to Nyit (which said applications should be in before October), Stonybrook, Shenandoah, University of the Sciences, Stockton, and Sacred Heart. I am super nervous!

OP
R
Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Me, too. As if I wasn't nervous enough about getting in-now I have to be nervous about the actual verification!! Let me know when you get verified! Best of luck!!

Jun 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I spoke to someone on the phone this Wednesday (when I first submitted for verification) and she said they were processing at a rate of 2.5 weeks per app. I think yours should be done this week going off that time frame.

Sep 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
@OTstudent41 Hi ! I am also applying to NYIT. I submitted my application yesterday so it makes me concerned that they told you that applications should be in before October. Is that absolutely mandatory ? I know the deadline is October 30th.

Jun 23, 2014
No! I met with an admissions counselor and she said to submit the application as early as possible because it could take up to 4 weeks for OTCAS verification, and even longer if there are any mistakes. So to be safe, it should be in before October. I haven't had a great experience with OTCAS so far, so I submitted it as soon as possible.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Best of luck!!! @mars787878

Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Anyone know where they are now in the process of verification? I submitted on the 15th. I should be verified in the next few days right?

Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
yay! that's good to hear! hopefully those of us who submitted on the 15th will be verified in the next couple days!

Jul 22, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I got verified today and I submitted 9/14. Good luck guys!

Jun 26, 2014
Status
OK nevermind just called they said the 16th wouldnt be verified until late next week....

Dec 5, 2014
Status
Does anyone have a good estimate of how early we should submit our OTCAS applications? Seems to me the verification takes awhile and was wondering how many weeks before is a safe bet to make the deadline. If the verification process isn't completed before the school's deadline, that would be considered late, correct?

Sep 20, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I got verified as well.
@whitesockss I would submit at least 4 weeks before. It only took them 2 weeks to verify mine, but more people are submitting now because it's getting closer to deadlines so i would submit it 4 weeks in advance just to be safe.

OTfromIT

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2015
My last transcript was received on 9/16 - I just called and they said verification should be early next week. So, maybe the gerbils powering OTCAS are running on their wheels a little harder now...

Reactions: Bokonomy
Jul 18, 2015
Does anyone have a good estimate of how early we should submit our OTCAS applications? Seems to me the verification takes awhile and was wondering how many weeks before is a safe bet to make the deadline. If the verification process isn't completed before the school's deadline, that would be considered late, correct?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Do they verify it one at a time? Like if I submitted an application last week, and I submit another one next week, will it still be 4 weeks for my next week application to be verified?

Reactions: calling4color

OTfromIT

2+ Year Member
Oct 2, 2015
Do they verify it one at a time? Like if I submitted an application last week, and I submit another one next week, will it still be 4 weeks for my next week application to be verified?
It may be just semantics here, but the process is: you send in just one application that OTCAS farms out to multiple programs that you select. As part of this application process, they wait until they have received all the transcripts from all the schools you have attended to move to the actual verification step; then once you are verified, they send notification and your application to your designated programs. You can add programs after the initial application is submitted, but it is my understanding that the application is only verified once - it is not re-verified (if that is a word...). OTCAS will just let the new programs know you are good to go and send your application.
Good luck!

Reactions: thebiggestsky
Oct 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Does anyone know how long it is taking to verify as of now? I meant to call OTCAS this afternoon but I didn't get the chance.

Sep 1, 2015
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
I submitted mine on 9/24 and it still hasn't been verified yet. Hopefully soon though!

Oct 6, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I submitted mine on 9/24 and it still hasn't been verified yet. Hopefully soon though!
Same here! As of this morning they were verifying applications submitted on the 19th, so it should be very soon!!

Oct 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
I have no idea what I did right, but I submitted my application on 9/27 but all of my letters didn't come in till 10/6, and I was just verified 10/12. I did however submit my transcripts in August, so maybe that helps...

Oct 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Just to clarify, so you sent your transcripts to OTCAS before the app itself?
Yep! I opened my application and a week later sent my transcripts off since I knew the verification process could take a while. I have no idea if that was actually the secret though. It honestly feels like something must be wrong because it just doesn't make sense!

Reactions: CAOT
Mar 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the actual 'process' of verification involves? Do they contact your LOR writers? Do they follow up with the schools you attended? There isn't much info asked for hours, so they can't really verify that. What all do they actually verify?

Sep 14, 2015
Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the actual 'process' of verification involves? Do they contact your LOR writers? Do they follow up with the schools you attended? There isn't much info asked for hours, so they can't really verify that. What all do they actually verify?
They verify your transcripts (grade accuracy, institutions attended) and calculate your GPA.

Jul 20, 2015
Status
DPT / OTD
I submitted my application on Sunday 10/18 and was verified yesterday 10/22! Don't really know how that happened...

Reactions: Sk8OT52

Hopeful OT

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2015
Status
Psychology Student
I submitted my application 9/28 and it got verified around mid October

Bokonomy

2+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2015
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
So I got my application sent out Sunday, 11-15. I got an email saying that my transcripts were verified today on the 19th (2 am EST?)! I feel like I must be missing something. That seems fairly fast.

Oct 2, 2014
Status
Psychology Student, Rehab Sci Student
You probably aren't missing anything. I submitted on the 16th at 1:30 AM and I was verified at the same time as you today (2 AM). The only thing I though was strange is that I got the email 3 separate times.

Whatever, I am just glad it is verified and I can stop worrying about it :) My guess is that a lot of people have already submitted or plan to submit around the new year. We just missed the peak time.

Reactions: Bokonomy
Dec 27, 2015
Status
Pre-Occupational Therapy
Submitted 12/23 Verified 12/28 . Did I do mine super late or did everyone else do theres super early ?