OTD vs MOT

Started by paris6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

paris6

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I recently decided to pursue OT instead of PT. I noticed a school in Chicago that offered an OTD degree. But I really didn't find many other schools that did. Does anyone know if this is the direction OT is going in? Should I try to get an OTD instead of the MOT?

Also, I'm just wondering if any OT students or OTs could give me any words of advice. I'm a little nervous about entering the field, because I feel that to be really good at OT you need to be very creative. I felt that with PT I didn't have to be as creative. Any advice about ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!