Other helpful rotations for M4 interested in GAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NupeMD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, me again. In this thread, I'd like to ask what rotations most of you found helpful on your way to matching. I have maxed out the number of Anes. months I'm allowed to take at my school, and I'm currently doing Surgery Sub-Is with a SICU month as well. Why surgery? --> long IM notes suck. Anyway, I have 4 months to fill for later this summer, and I plan to do the following:

1. An emergency med month at Duke which hopefully I can parlay into getting familiar w/ their GAS faculty - I'm interested in applying there

2. A month where I help develop an education-based health opportunities program at a local high school

3. Maybe an ID month, since I like the pharmy of infex diz and ID in general

4. Would like to get some sort of pharm month to bolster my knowledge (and trian myself from using brand names)

Any other suggestions as to other areas that may be helpful? is it good to center around specialty month (critical care, maybe Peds or OB) or more general stuff (radiology, IM, etc.) ? Your suggestions/comments are highly appreciated... :oops:

Members don't see this ad.