Quantcast

other science vs bcpm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MI2015

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Can anyone clarify whether courses classified under "other science" such as epidemiology/astronomy are included in the bcpm gpa for TMDAS?

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No. That's the whole point of them listing them as "other science."

wizzed101

The Little Prince
Reaction score
I don't see why they do not lump other-science with non-science. I read through the app and it seems like they only consider cGPA and bcpmGPA.

The only reason I could think of is that they don't want to us to get LoRs from other-science for the non-science letter requirement. I wonder if I could just feign ignorance!

Ismet

Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see why they do not lump other-science with non-science. I read through the app and it seems like they only consider cGPA and bcpmGPA.

The only reason I could think of is that they don't want to us to get LoRs from other-science for the non-science letter requirement. I wonder if I could just feign ignorance!

Because "other science" courses are still science. They should clarify it to be non-BCPM or do what AMCAS does and clearly denote the courses that are BCPM.