Otoscope Recs

Started by andiluvsk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andiluvsk

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I am an MSIV going on away rotations in the next few weeks and was wondering about getting an otoscope. Will it be useful to have on the wards as an MSIV or should I wait until residency to get one. Also, what do you guys recommend as a good otoscope? Thanks so much.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
use one from the clinic when you need it on the floor. You'll never need your own in clinic.
 
My otoscope I bought in medical school is somewhere in a box in the attic at home. Never have needed it at the hospital - just take one from clinic, get one on the floor, or, if its a dizzy patient, call them down to clinic for an audio and look then.

Save the $$$.

But if you really want to part with some cash - I could sell you mine! 🙂