Ouch...AADSAS GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cinnabans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so...i just got my AADSAS GPA verified and it was so much lower than I was expecting:(. I transferred and did very poorly (2.77) at the school i transferred from (1.5 years) but did fairly well (3.45) at the school in which I'm currently enrolled. After AADSAS combined my GPAs I have a 3.19:thumbdown:. SO, now what? start looking for a masters program to raise that GPA? i'm still going to keep chugging for this cycle since everything is in. my ECs are above avg i think, my LORs should be as well and I'm taking my DAT at the end of the month.... if i have to retake in sept is that way too late w/ my GPA? Ah, so sad...

Members don't see this ad.

Schools will see that upward trend in GPA as a positive thing and so they may forgive you the initial lower one at your previous school. Be prepared in interviews to answer questions about why transferring brought your GPA up.

Rock your DAT at the end of the month and don't sweat it now because everything is already submitted! You might consider a master's program or taking a few post-bacc classes (i.e. non-degree seeking ones at your local college) to raise your GPA. Post-bacc classes in embryology, biochem, physiology or microbiology would be especially helpful and many times you can take them while working full time or part time.

Good luck applying!

i have a gpa lower than that (3.16) but am not really considering not getting accepted this cycle (sorry for the double negative). apply to a lot of places and work some connections. there's got to be a spot for you somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a gpa lower than that (3.16) but am not really considering not getting accepted this cycle (sorry for the double negative). apply to a lot of places and work some connections. there's got to be a spot for you somewhere.

lots of ppl in the same boat... I'm sitting at around 3.2 GPA...

I have a 3.16 as well and I am not considering not getting in either :) BE POSITIVE!

lots of ppl in the same boat... I'm sitting at around 3.2 GPA...

Jabaaa! Did AADSAS Give you that? My transcripts haven't reached yet :( Also I am thinking of e-submitting tomorrow!!!! :|!!

Dat = end of aug :/

Jabaaa! Did AADSAS Give you that? My transcripts haven't reached yet :( Also I am thinking of e-submitting tomorrow!!!! :|!!

Dat = end of aug :/

heyy, yup I just received this a few hours ago. They are VERY quick this year...So was I, i told the reg office to send it pronto (cost me like 10$!!)

I did change all my credit hours to the 3 and 6 thing and it seemed to be good :)

Were you able to change ur MS status/courses... and also, they were telling me that ppl were being sent back their application if they didnt do the 3/6 thing only because there were other components that were lacking (where a student then needed to do the corrections).

So as long as you keep it relatively error free, I don't see a problem with ur credit hours.

heyy, yup I just received this a few hours ago. They are VERY quick this year...So was I, i told the reg office to send it pronto (cost me like 10$!!)

I did change all my credit hours to the 3 and 6 thing and it seemed to be good :)

Were you able to change ur MS status/courses... and also, they were telling me that ppl were being sent back their application if they didnt do the 3/6 thing only because there were other components that were lacking (where a student then needed to do the corrections).

So as long as you keep it relatively error free, I don't see a problem with ur credit hours.

Hey Jaba that's awesome! Yeah I had to pay 10 bucks too but U of T is kinda sucky they lose transcripts sometimes - or some people have told me :/ let's see. I'm still waiting!

Also - yeah I re-entered all my coursework! SHEESH - but I found some mistakes I had made previously :O haha so that's good!

Despite what others with a 3.2 are saying, it is VERY wise to have a backup plan so you don't waste time. I think a post bacc would be good for you since you only have to bring up that GPA a little. Post bacc programs count with your undergrad GPA and after graduation, the only way you can raise it. If you are willing to go longer a masters looks good too since you are already not terrible GPA wise.

I would apply regardless if you do very well on your DATs = >20. If you apply to enough schools, you probably will get in somewhere. Good luck.

Honestly, no one can say "not getting in isn't an option." It isn't up to you.

I heard this... just heard so don't quote me on this. But I don't think Masters would look as good as doing Post Bacc lower/upper division classes. I think people know that in general, professors help out students in Masters. If my information is incorrect, I apologize.