OUCOM Discussion thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewing at OU on October 3rd. Anyone else gonna be there then?

Members don't see this ad.

i really want an interview!!

me three

damn aacomas.....lets get a move on

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the invitation via snail mail.
Sent in secondary beginning of September.

On another note, does anyone know how relaxed is the interview? What is the applied/interview/acceptance rate?
Thanks. I sent in my stuff September 9th. Called them on Monday to confirm that I was complete and they said I was. Actually the lady on the phone said my application was under review as we speak....

Guess I should just be patient. OUCOM is my #1 choice.

Also will be there the 3rd!

I need to talk about stuff on this forum more. Every time I do, something is done the exact same day about it. Seems to work for both MSUCOM and OUCOM now...

I will be interviewing on Oct. 3 as well! I'm super excited!

Does anyone know :

(1) when OU started interviewing
(2) how many applicants interview on a given day
(3) any questions OU typically asks
(4) when the admissions committee meets (weekly, or right after interviews?)
(5) is anybody staying with a current OU-COM student while interviewing instead of a hotel

It's a great school. Both of my DO mentors went there.

Does anyone know :

(5) is anybody staying with a current OU-COM student while interviewing instead of a hotel

1. I am not 100% sure, but I am pretty certain that Oct. 3rd will be the first interview date.
2. No idea.
3. There is section around here that list that: http://more.studentdoctor.net/welcome.php
4. No idea.
5. Not I.

I'm super psyched that OUCOM has given an early interview for me. I'm counting down the days until that interview! :D It's my #1 and if I get accepted, I'll withdraw from all of my other scheduled interviews.

So, does anyone has the stats on the interview/acceptance/matriculate info?

I'm super psyched that OUCOM has given an early interview for me. I'm counting down the days until that interview! :D It's my #1 and if I get accepted, I'll withdraw from all of my other scheduled interviews.

So, does anyone has the stats on the interview/acceptance/matriculate info?
I hear that they notify you about your acceptance the next day. If that helps any. I am getting excited to finally interview with them. Ironically, they are coming to Miami University this Saturday, so I am going to go and hopefully "pre-meet" some admissions people. :laugh: Dunno if it will help any.

I made reservations at the OU INN for Thursday night though, school is about 2-2.5 hours from where I live so I decided I am not about to wake up at like 4am and drive to OU...now I just have to miss all my classes on Friday :rolleyes:

I am thinking to apply to OUCOM , what do you think about this school, Is it easy or tough to get acceptance, what about the interview, what major things do attract the the admission committee, any information will help

I am thinking to apply to OUCOM , what do you think about this school, Is it easy or tough to get acceptance, what about the interview, what major things do attract the the admission committee, any information will help

Try searching. Plenty of info on this.

It's not easy to get accepted anywhere......

Isn't Ohio the school that requires you to sign a contract to practice for five years in Ohio after graduation???

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't Ohio the school that requires you to sign a contract to practice for five years in Ohio after graduation???

Yea pretty much...or you can buy your contract out. I think this is only for OSS though

Yea pretty much...or you can buy your contract out. I think this is only for OSS though

Correct. All OOS students must sign it.......ouch. Unless you're an Ohioan.

Total:
3173 applied
217 interviewed (6.8% interviewed)
152 accepted (70% of interviewees accepted)
108 enrolled

Instate:
489 applied
181 interviewed (37% interviewed)
128 accepted (71% of interviewees accepted)
94 enrolled

Out-of-state:
2684 applied
36 interviewed (1.3% interviewed) - OUCH!
24 accepted (67% accepted)
14 enrolled

SEE EVERYONE THERE ON THE 3RD!

Last edited:
Total:
3173 applied
217 interviewed (6.8% interviewed)
152 accepted (70% of interviewees accepted)
108 enrolled

Instate:
489 applied
181 interviewed (37% interviewed)
128 accepted (71% of interviewees accepted)
94 enrolled

Out-of-state:
2684 applied
36 interviewed (1.3% interviewed) - OUCH!
24 accepted (67% accepted)
14 enrolled

SEE EVERYONE THERE ON THE 3RD!

Thanks for that info. Yep, see you guys on the 3rd!!!!

Does anyone know :

1) OU actually started interviewing today, the 26th. I saw all the business suits on my way to class this morning.
2) They typically interview 12-15 applicants on a given day.
3) The interviews are pretty relaxed. Sometimes you'll get a strange interviewer but I only know of a few. If you basically go over the interview database, you'll be fine.
4) The admissions committee meets that same day. For example, you'll get an email on Monday morning if you interviewed on Friday and were accepted. Depending on who you interview with, some people get phone calls that day on the ride home.

Hope this helps.

Been perusing the interview feedback forum for OU. Seems like a very common question they (across application cycles) is the "what three people living or dead would you invite to dinner" question.

I'll have to spend some time thinking about that one...

Yeah, I've been searching the interview forum as well. Not much ethical question came up, so that's a good thing I guess since it'll be my first interview. I really hope it's as relaxed and laid back as most have been saying it to be.

I sent OU one natural science (biochem counts right?) LOR but the other was pharmacology. will I get completely weeded out? I have 3.5 gpa, 30 mcat, strong extracurriculars/research/etc. I would try to get another letter, but it's been years since I've taken general bio, physics, or ochem.

I just wanted to let everyone who is schedule to go on the interview at OU-COM to relax. This is one of those schools that ask questions to see who you really are. The admission staff, faculty members, and students are so easy to talk to. I was really amazed that I received a personal phone call from them congratulating me on my acceptance that same day. This speaks volume about the college. Best of luck to those who are applying this year and if there's any questions, feel free to ask. I'm definitely withdrawing from other schools. Yippee!

i just wanted to let everyone who is schedule to go on the interview at ou-com to relax. This is one of those schools that ask questions to see who you really are. The admission staff, faculty members, and students are so easy to talk to. I was really amazed that i received a personal phone call from them congratulating me on my acceptance that same day. This speaks volume about the college. Best of luck to those who are applying this year and if there's any questions, feel free to ask. I'm definitely withdrawing from other schools. Yippee!

congratulations!

So anyone know how competitive it is stat-wise for OOSers? I'm applying there as a Wisconsinite (so I at least have the midwest background), but with how few they interview and accept, I'm getting a little anxious. I'm also applying a little late, it seems (just sent in my primary yesterday). So if anyone has any data/thoughts/opinions on this, I'd be happy to hear 'em. Thanks.

Got my acceptance this morning. Loved the school, but am waiting to commit based on one particular school...

Congratulations on those who got accepted!

I was accepted too!

Congrats to everyone else in too!

well I'd say that was a fairly successful interview day. :hardy:

So I figured out who Ebola Virus and TheGoodGoodTime are. Any hints as to which one you were?

Congrats btw!

Same here, I figured out who you are. But TheGoodGoodTime and Coatepec, I'm still not 100% sure yet. Mind sharing?

Same here, I figured out who you are. But TheGoodGoodTime and Coatepec, I'm still not 100% sure yet. Mind sharing?
Jordan. From Miami. I was wearing red shirt, tie, black coat, glasses.

I have no idea who anybody is in this thread. So maybe everyone should share haha.

I think I know who you all are except for Ebola Virus...any hints? At the interview, I wore a navy blue skirt suit. I have really short, dark hair.

I think I know who you all are except for Ebola Virus...any hints? At the interview, I wore a navy blue skirt suit. I have really short, dark hair.

Oh, I remember you now! Well, at the interview, I was the one wearing a white jacket.

Hi fellow OU-COM classmates! After reading the posts, I have figured out who most of you are (at least those who interviewed on the 3rd). I was the oldest one of the group. Congrats to all!!!:thumbup:

for those of you who received interviews, how long did it take from when you were complete to hear anything? I was complete last tuesday and I am starting to get anxious...

Agreed, I think that it was about three weeks between my secondary app submission and my interview invitation

ok good, OUCOM is one of my top choices since I am from Ohio. I have heard that Athens is a beautiful area. What do you guys think that have visited?

ok good, OUCOM is one of my top choices since I am from Ohio. I have heard that Athens is a beautiful area. What do you guys think that have visited?

Loved it! The campus is very beautiful. It was my first time visiting Athens, but I'm completely sold on it. Basically OU makes up the most of Athens. I fell in love with the cobblestone streets and the scenery of fall folliage. The mall is very small, but I won't have that much money & free time to go shopping (once in med school), so that's a plus I guess.

I've loved this area/campus since I came here a few years back. I am currently finishing up my undergrad work here and awaiting for the fall of next year to start the med school adventure. There is plenty to do in Athens, plus you are only about an hour and a half from Columbus (you know, big name concerts and the like). Parkersburg, WV is less than an hour away and they have a nice-sized mall, if you're into that type of thing.

Any out of state-ers get an interview?

And if anyone knows, what kind of stats do the OOS students have?

Anyone know where they post their matches?

I bet it is a good time to be at Ohio University right now, the famous halloween celebration in Athens I heard gets pretty crazy. Now if they would only give me an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.